ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-03-2022, 05:06 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Any thoughts/answers are welcome...

Wentz criticisms are noted enough. Overthrows, antsy with pressure, heave-and-a-prayer type throws... Plus, we just paid a 1st and 3rd, Reich loves him, and I think his flaws make him inconsistent, not necessarily bad. He's our guy at least for a while.

So aside from Wentz, how was our passing offense? Without watching the all-22 it's hard to judge receivers down field. But we are lacking behind Pittman. And I love Pittman, but he's a football player before he's a receiver. Ideally, if he's our #2, that's awesome.

Doyle being out was also big.

Also, I haven't rewatched the O-line yet, but remember the impact of one guy being out when Castonzo was here? Fisher is not as good as Castonzo, but I want to go back and pay attention to Pryor. Not to mention it was Kelly's first game back. Maybe they did alright?
Old 01-03-2022, 05:28 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

Wentz criticisms are noted enough. Overthrows, antsy with pressure, heave-and-a-prayer type throws... Plus, we just paid a 1st and 3rd, Reich loves him, and I think his flaws make him inconsistent, not necessarily bad. He's our guy at least for a while.

So aside from Wentz, how was our passing offense? Without watching the all-22 it's hard to judge receivers down field. But we are lacking behind Pittman. And I love Pittman, but he's a football player before he's a receiver. Ideally, if he's our #2, that's awesome.

Also, I haven't rewatched the O-line yet, but remember the impact of one guy being out when Castonzo was here? Fisher is not as good as Castonzo, but I want to go back and pay attention to Pryor. Not to mention it was Kelly's first game back. Maybe they did alright?
well yeah our wr's are underperforming as well. we need help there for sure. pascal should not constantly get over 60% of the wr snaps.

the oline wasn't great yesterday. Pryor wasn't too bad pass blocking. he had some bad plays but overall he seemed fine.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (01-03-2022), Colts And Orioles (01-03-2022), Racehorse (01-03-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 08:46 PM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

'

Get yo head out yo ass and realize that Wetnz sucks! We all see it. I've lived through Pagel, Trudeau, Schlicter, Herman... to say this was on a par with them is both embarrassing and true.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
'

Get yo head out yo ass and realize that Wetnz sucks! We all see it. I've lived through Pagel, Trudeau, Schlicter, Herman... to say this was on a par with them is both embarrassing and true.
Don't forget to toss Jeff George in there, the dude from Green Bay whos name I can't spell how it was pronounced. Just a long list of nobodies after Jones until Peyton
Old 01-03-2022, 10:15 PM

Thanked 2,644 Times in 1,559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
'

You are just wrong if you think Wentz is on par with Trudeau or Herman, what games are you watching?

I would say he does remind me a little of Harbaugh, but I think he is slightly better. This team could easily have the #1 seed with just a few breaks in those early close losses....and all of those were not Wentz's fault! I think Wentz is going to prove you wrong, if not this season, next year for sure!

Last edited by CletusPyle; 01-03-2022 at 10:20 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CletusPyle For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-03-2022), Puck (01-04-2022), Racehorse (01-04-2022), Spike (01-03-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
You are just wrong if you think Wentz is on par with Trudeau or Herman, what games are you watching?

I would say he does remind me a little of Harbaugh, but I think he is slightly better. This team could easily have the #1 seed with just a few breaks in those early close losses....and all of those were not Wentz's fault! I think Wentz is going to prove you wrong, if not this season, next year for sure!
Nobody hopes you're right more than me. I have been a true fan since circa 78/79 Harbaugh threw a good ball. He didn't have an overpowering arm, but he was accurate and had ice water in his veins when the game was on the line. Dude didn't flinch.
Chromeburn (01-04-2022), CletusPyle (01-03-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 10:45 PM

Thanked 2,644 Times in 1,559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Nobody hopes you're right more than me. I have been a true fan since circa 78/79 Harbaugh threw a good ball. He didn't have an overpowering arm, but he was accurate and had ice water in his veins when the game was on the line. Dude didn't flinch.
Nobody will ever convince me that the Colts didn't beat the Steelers in '95...Harbaugh's Colts team should have gone to the Super Bowl!
apballin (01-04-2022), Lov2fish (01-03-2022), Racehorse (01-04-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 11:31 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Nobody will ever convince me that the Colts didn't beat the Steelers in '95...Harbaugh's Colts team should have gone to the Super Bowl!
Grew up watching football with dad and grandpa, but '95 was the first season I really followed it on my own. That playoff run was amazing and hooked me on the Colts.

And then they beat the Cowboys early next season. Man, the ultimate what-if.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (01-03-2022)
Old 01-04-2022, 12:49 AM

Thanked 2,251 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
reich doesn't really trust him. which holds the offense back.

wentz is inaccurate, bad in the pocket and makes dumb decisions. any playoff wins will be in spite of him.
This is the thing that make me really upset since Frank is the reason we have him. When we cut Wentz Reich should be fired.
The Following User Says Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (01-04-2022)
Old 01-04-2022, 07:23 AM

Thanked 3,102 Times in 1,636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Don't forget to toss Jeff George in there, the dude from Green Bay whos name I can't spell how it was pronounced. Just a long list of nobodies after Jones until Peyton
Don Majkowski

Yeah talk about some rough years until Peyton.

Agree about Harbaugh beating Steelers.. I also think that team had a chance to beat the Cowboys too. NFL wanted their Steelers vs Cowboys SB.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (01-04-2022)