ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-01-2021, 10:39 AM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I think that his joke was insinuating that you were the megalomaniac smart guy instead of Reich, not that you were just a fan who didn't contribute to the play on the field.

o
Ahhhhh good point C&O. Flew right over my head admittedly.
Old 12-01-2021, 11:08 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

As I said previously, D'Qwell Jackson, Edge and a host of other retired players agree with me about this offense. It helps to win games if you can run when YOU want to run, not when the defense lets you run. Got a big lead and if you can run the ball regardless of what the defense wants you to do you run out the clock and demoralize the hell out of the other team. We have the line and backs to do that. What we are doing isn't working if what you want to do is win against good teams.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
As I said previously, D'Qwell Jackson, Edge and a host of other retired players agree with me about this offense. It helps to win games if you can run when YOU want to run, not when the defense lets you run. Got a big lead and if you can run the ball regardless of what the defense wants you to do you run out the clock and demoralize the hell out of the other team. We have the line and backs to do that. What we are doing isn't working if what you want to do is win against good teams.
Spot on. So with Frank in charge, a year in / year out 9-8, 8-9, maybe get to 10 here and there. Because that's the way it is generally going to work out in the NFL, about half your games will be against good teams and about half against "bad" and as such we should expect to lose about half our games. YAY!

OldColt is right, we are 1-9 vs "good" teams, with Buffalo being the win, and we did it by demolishing their stacked box. But this week, well we couldn't even TRY that, that would have been silly.

Dacich has a spot preview running where he is yelling about being satisfied with mediocrity and how we have to overcome the opponent and Frank Reich to get wins, he is 100% with that take. With Frank in charge, Darius, Q, JT, and Pittman are going to see no hardware as great as they are.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:00 PM

I am not as down on Reich as some are here. He isn't going anywhere anyway. I actually think if we had a better wide receiver set a whole lot of this would take care of itself, but we don't. Campbell may make it back late December and that could be a boost, sort of a poor man's offensive Sanders (I know he isn't in the same league as Sanders was). Hope lives but is on life support.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:06 PM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
A 10 pt. lead with a 1/2 to play is not the time to start running clock.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021, 01:17 PM

Depends on what we mean by running the clock. I am not saying go away from the pass completely, I would like to see more runs, that's all. I am not advocating running the ball 10 times in a row. I would like a more balanced attack. To me Wentz is an average QB, he isn't Unitas, Manning or even Luck. I don't like the idea of putting this team on his back game after game. I do think we can win and win big with Wentz. I liked the rhetoric that Reich/Ballard used when we signed him, he didn't need to be the whole answer just part of the team. It appears to me that we have gotten away from that a bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021, 01:49 PM

What I don't understand is how a supposedly top 5 OL can be so poor in pass blocking. For the entire year, I haven't seen one game where I felt the OL did a great job in pass protection. Early on, I presumed it was because of injuries and inconsistent personnel. However, in the last 4 or so games, the line has been healthy and yet the pass blocking has not been good. As a matter of fact, I shouldn't get an argument if I said the pass blocking downright sucked. Can anyone explain it?
Oldcolt (12-01-2021), Racehorse (12-01-2021), TheMugwump (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
What I don't understand is how a supposedly top 5 OL can be so poor in pass blocking. For the entire year, I haven't seen one game where I felt the OL did a great job in pass protection. Early on, I presumed it was because of injuries and inconsistent personnel. However, in the last 4 or so games, the line has been healthy and yet the pass blocking has not been good. As a matter of fact, I shouldn't get an argument if I said the pass blocking downright sucked. Can anyone explain it?
Agree.

To me, looks like they spend an incredible amount of time focused on RB in practice. Their timing and precision on pulls is stellar. When we go bulldozer, the cross blocks are incredibly well executed, they turn guys to the correct shoulder so much it is wild to watch in replays.

Looks like we just throw in a few pass pro's here and there to make sure they know the calls and that's it.

And it sure as hell looked like Reed was pass blocking on one of the runs where we got stuffed, which is terrible if so!
Old 12-01-2021, 02:21 PM

Thanked 1,900 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Spot on. So with Frank in charge, a year in / year out 9-8, 8-9, maybe get to 10 here and there. Because that's the way it is generally going to work out in the NFL, about half your games will be against good teams and about half against "bad" and as such we should expect to lose about half our games. YAY!

OldColt is right, we are 1-9 vs "good" teams, with Buffalo being the win, and we did it by demolishing their stacked box. But this week, well we couldn't even TRY that, that would have been silly.

Dacich has a spot preview running where he is yelling about being satisfied with mediocrity and how we have to overcome the opponent and Frank Reich to get wins, he is 100% with that take. With Frank in charge, Darius, Q, JT, and Pittman are going to see no hardware as great as they are.
They won 11 games last year with the corpse of Philip Rivers.

I’ve said it before, they get a pass this season from me because of the way everything started. Wentz’s training camp was basically the first four games of the year, which put them behind the 8 ball.

I expect 11-13 wins minimum next year, provided Wentz stays healthy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
They won 11 games last year with the corpse of Philip Rivers.

I’ve said it before, they get a pass this season from me because of the way everything started. Wentz’s training camp was basically the first four games of the year, which put them behind the 8 ball.

I expect 11-13 wins minimum next year, provided Wentz stays healthy.
This is a very reasonable approach to this year. Thanks. Still this year sucks.