ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-15-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I really hope that Foster makes it to 15. If they get him and one of the EDGE guys at 2.14, it will already be a hell of a draft.
That's my hope.

I also like the idea that if Foster isn't there, trade back into the 20's, nab one of Cunningham/Davis and then hopefully one of the EDGE guys in the 2nd.

If we trade back in the 1st, we also might be able to trade up a bit in the 2nd to get our EDGE guy earlier than 2.15
Old 04-15-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
It's all fun to wish, but it will be BPA and not drafting for need. Ballard has said it a million times.

Be prepared for a RB or TE if they are the BPA
No TE. God.

I am still in the small minority (though it looks like I might have GBB88 in my camp) that would be fine with Dalvin Cook in the 1st round. Again, not my first choice, and I hope we go ILB/EDGE in the top 2 rounds (and I think there's the caliber of players that the guys there might indeed be BPA in the first couple of rounds), but I just happen to believe that Dalvin Cook is and will be that damn good.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:02 PM

Thanked 2,278 Times in 1,227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
No TE. God.

I am still in the small minority (though it looks like I might have GBB88 in my camp) that would be fine with Dalvin Cook in the 1st round. Again, not my first choice, and I hope we go ILB/EDGE in the top 2 rounds (and I think there's the caliber of players that the guys there might indeed be BPA in the first couple of rounds), but I just happen to believe that Dalvin Cook is and will be that damn good.
Mixon is better and can be had later.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:57 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,667 Times in 966 Posts

Quote:
It's all fun to wish, but it will be BPA and not drafting for need. Ballard has said it a million times.

Be prepared for a RB or TE if they are the BPA
BPA always has an element of need to it. They aren't going to draft a QB if they feel he is the BPA, for example. I believe Ballard will either pick the best front 7 player available or trade back at 15.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
BPA always has an element of need to it. They aren't going to draft a QB if they feel he is the BPA, for example. I believe Ballard will either pick the best front 7 player available or trade back at 15.
So you believe that even though he says he will never base his pick on need and will pick BPA.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:05 PM

I want linebackers but really are people seriously thinking that our corners are OK????

This is easily the biggest position of need, and it isn't even close in my opinion. We have Davis and then one guy who started last year after beginning the season as the fifth stringer. After these two we have quite literally nothing.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Mixon is better and can be had later.
He'll also bring a gigantic backlash.

Not sure Ballard will do it. Not saying he WON'T, he was in the FO that brought in Tyreek Hill but that's a ballsy move for a rookie GM.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
So you believe that even though he says he will never base his pick on need and will pick BPA.
I believe that NFL GM's are often dishonest when it comes to talking about the media regarding draft strategy, yes.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
apballin (04-16-2017), Butter (04-16-2017), Dam8610 (04-15-2017), njcoltfan (04-15-2017), Racehorse (04-16-2017), sherck (04-16-2017)
Old 04-15-2017, 07:13 PM

Thanked 2,278 Times in 1,227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
He'll also bring a gigantic backlash.

Not sure Ballard will do it. Not saying he WON'T, he was in the FO that brought in Tyreek Hill but that's a ballsy move for a rookie GM.
I remain convinced that Mixon's best destination is in Indy. A year of growing up and learning how to be a Pro from Frank Gore, is just what the kid needs.

There are a lot of good locker room guys on the offense that will embrace this kid and keep him on the straight and narrow.

Also, yeah there will be some initial backlash from the fans. But that will be soon forgotten, if he keeps his nose clean, contributes to the community and starts posting all-pro seasons.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:59 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,141 Times in 647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I remain convinced that Mixon's best destination is in Indy. A year of growing up and learning how to be a Pro from Frank Gore, is just what the kid needs.

There are a lot of good locker room guys on the offense that will embrace this kid and keep him on the straight and narrow.

Also, yeah there will be some initial backlash from the fans. But that will be soon forgotten, if he keeps his nose clean, contributes to the community and starts posting all-pro seasons.
I mean Ballard did draft tyreek hill