ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-01-2021, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
It’s not that Reich likes Wentz, per se. It’s that Reich was the one who insisted on acquiring him and had to talk Ballard into it. Ballard agreed because he trusted Reichs judgement.

This was discussed recently on the one percent better podcast, based on conversations Holder and Keefer had with Ballard.
I doubt that is an accurate representation- Ballard being talked into a move he didn’t like. But let’s say it is. How do you come away from that absolving the GM of responsibility and putting it on the coach. Whose job is player acquisition? The GMs. Whose job was it to hire the coach that supposedly talked him into something he didn’t want to do? The GM. So how the hell is it the coaches fault and not the GMs? It was his decision. And you are claiming he was talked into it by a guy that he hired. Either way that’s a GM problem. What the hell am I missing?

For the record I would expect it was a collaborative effort with the final decision being Ballard’s. At least that’s the way it should have been. If not then you are saying they are more dysfunctional that I believe.
Old 11-01-2021, 03:08 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Food for thought-as much as everyone loves to hate on Eberflus, the Colts defense is actually better than their offense.

12th in total defense.
17th in total offense.

The Colts biggest problem right now is their “offensive guru” head coach.

Last edited by Hoopsdoc; 11-01-2021 at 03:15 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (11-01-2021), Spike (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 03:37 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,282 Times in 2,024 Posts

Quote:

Food for thought ...... as much as everyone loves to hate on Eberflus, the Colts' defense is actually better than their offense.

12th in total defense.

17th in total offense.

The Colts' biggest problem right now is their “offensive guru” head coach.

o

The defense had 2 huge stops late in yesterday's game ......

1) ) Late in the 4th quarter while the game was tied, they forced the Titans to punt ...... if they hadn't forced that punt, there is a good chance that the Titans would have run most or all of the clock down while kicking what probably would have been the game-winning field goal in regulation.

2) ) In overtime, after the offense failed to score at least a field goal after winning the coin toss, they forced the Titans to punt (after which the offense failed again.)

Additionally, there were 2 different occasions in which the Colts' defense forced 4th downs, both times in which the Titans went for it and got it ...... credit the Titans' offense for getting both of those 1st downs, but there were plenty of occasions in which the defense either forced a turnover or put the Titans in 4th-down situations. The Titans were 7-for-16 on 3rd downs, turned the ball over early in the game which the Colts converted into a touchdown, and punted the ball 4 times (including once in overtime.)

They also caught a bad break when Tyquan Lewis twisted his knee and coughed up the ball which he had just intercepted.

Overall, I believe that the defense did at least a reasonably good job yesterday.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (11-01-2021), Racehorse (11-01-2021), Spike (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

The defense had 2 huge stops late in yesterday's game ......

1) ) Late in the 4th quarter while the game was tied, they forced the Titans to punt ...... if they hadn't forced that punt, there is a good chance that the Titans would have run most or all of the clock down while kicking what probably would have been the game-winning field goal in regulation.

2) ) In overtime, after the offense failed to score at least a field goal after winning the coin toss, they forced the Titans to punt (after which the offense failed again.)

Additionally, there were 2 different occasions in which the Colts' defense forced 4th downs, both times in which the Titans went for it and got it ...... credit the Titans' offense for getting both of those 1st downs, but there were plenty of occasions in which the defense either forced a turnover or put the Titans in 4th-down situations. The Titans were 7-for-16 on 3rd downs, turned the ball over early in the game which the Colts converted into a touchdown, and punted the ball 4 times (including once in overtime.)

They also caught a bad break when Tyquan Lewis twisted his knee and coughed up the ball which he had just intercepted.

Overall, I believe that the defense did at least a reasonably good job yesterday.

o
The defense played Tennessee as well as anyone has played them all year, other than maybe Arizona. Aside from letting Brown run free to often, they played a damn good game.

Apparently it was Ballards fault they elected to throw the ball 51(!!!) times and give it to their stud running back 16 times.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Apparently it was Ballards fault they elected to throw the ball 51(!!!) times and give it to their stud running back 16 times.
I have no problems with valid criticisms of Reich. It’s him taking the blame for every single bad thing that I have an issue with. From his supposed draft picks, to Eberflus, to his job as GM. And of course that they’d be a better team with McDaniels. But hey - I hope you guys get your wish. I want to see how long until Ballard is responsible for anything considering he hired, signed, traded for, or drafted every damn person being discussed.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 04:41 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I have no problems with valid criticisms of Reich. It’s him taking the blame for every single bad thing that I have an issue with. From his supposed draft picks, to Eberflus, to his job as GM. And of course that they’d be a better team with McDaniels. But hey - I hope you guys get your wish. I want to see how long until Ballard is responsible for anything considering he hired, signed, traded for, or drafted every damn person being discussed.
I still think we dodged a bullet in McDaniels. He has the charisma of a rock. I was in Denver when he was there, players hated him. They didn’t trust anything he said. He dismantled that team.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-01-2021), Spike (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 04:50 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,282 Times in 2,024 Posts

Quote:

The defense played Tennessee as well as anyone has played them all year, other than maybe Arizona. Aside from letting Brown run free too often, they played a damn good game.

Apparently it was Ballards fault that they elected to throw the ball 51 (!!!) times, and give it to their stud running back 16 times.

o

The Jets' defense did a pretty good job on the Titans, also. Even though the Titans had much more total yardage and time of possession than the Jets had in that game, the Jets had some timely stops ...... the Titans were 5-of-19 on 3rd down, and 2-of-3 on 4th down (7-of-22 combined.)

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 11-01-2021, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I still think we dodged a bullet in McDaniels. He has the charisma of a rock. I was in Denver when he was there, players hated him. They didn’t trust anything he said. He dismantled that team.
Yeah I have no idea how multiple people on here think he’s a better option than Reich. His time in Denver was a disaster and the whole deal here shows he hadn’t changed.
Old 11-01-2021, 04:58 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
100% agree. Fuck McDouche.
dwilli57 (11-02-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I never said or implied that McDaniels would be a better coach and I never said or implied that I want Reich fired. You’re doing a fine job countering arguments that I’m not making.

I think Reich is capable of being a really good coach, he’s shown that the past 3 years. I think he’ll eventually get this figured out.

But if you don’t think he’s been a major problem this season, you’re in denial.