ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-18-2022, 02:53 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
That jumped out to me. Highest scoring game of the season and your offense produced a single touchdown. Also, we had eight drives in the 2nd half because MIN kept scoring obviously. I want to say the average is like 12 per game. The number of plays on those drives were 4, 6, 3, 4, 3, 4, 5, and 3.

Not to excuse the defense, which was getting absolutely torched in the 2nd half... but our offense has consistently failed to compliment them. Yesterday was a whirlwind. They'd gash us down the field for a TD and you're like, ok what the fuck? Get to the sideline, regroup, figure some things out, grab a Gatora... DEFENSE! Back on the field!

Ultimately, the intention doesn't matter. Tanking for a high draft pick, keeping fans in the stands, thinking he knows better than the coach... whatever the reason is... fucking with the on-field decisions took us down a much worse path.

And potential future prospects for FO, coaches, and players are going to be influenced by that.
It’s also a lesson for this last generation of fans who have been spoiled by mostly two decades of success. Every high schooler and college kid who has been screaming to fire everyone. Yeah that doesn’t fix things. It has the opposite effect.
Old 12-18-2022, 02:58 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,807 Times in 2,678 Posts

Just one last thought on this thread. Matt Ryan makes this Colts team almost unwatchable. He is terrible, worst QB we have had in decades.
ChoppedWood (12-18-2022), CletusPyle (12-18-2022), IndyNorm (12-18-2022), omahacolt (12-19-2022)
Old 12-18-2022, 03:02 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Just one last thought on this thread. Matt Ryan makes this Colts team almost unwatchable. He is terrible, worst QB we have had in decades.
Yeah it’s pretty bad, I will say though that the offense is schematically crippled with a 30 year old play caller with no previous experience.
Old 12-18-2022, 03:19 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Yeah it’s pretty bad, I will say though that the offense is schematically crippled with a 30 year old play caller with no previous experience.
While I agree, it's pretty hard to call plays with a hack like Ryan.
Old 12-18-2022, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Lost in all the ridiculousness was Dayo’s coming out party
While agreeing, his thug mentality also led to Minnesota’s first score.
Old 12-18-2022, 03:31 PM

Thanked 2,644 Times in 1,559 Posts

Unless major changes are made....Jacksonville is going to overtake us and I won't be surprised if the Texans get a lot better and the Colts finish 4th next season and maybe we have to get use to that?
Spike (12-18-2022)
Old 12-18-2022, 03:45 PM

Thanked 1,346 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I'd like to know just how bad Foles must be in practice to not get a chance. Ryan, as you point out has been really bad, and Ehlinger showed that he's nowhere near ready.
Old 12-18-2022, 03:51 PM

Thanked 1,346 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
If Reich lost the team Saturday sure as fuck hasn’t found it. The problem was the same as it is every year - expected dependence on rookies and bottom basement vets at critical positions. It’s happens every year under Ballard. Throw in everyone adjusting to a new QB again. The early season ends up being treated as tryouts while the team searches for combinations or enough rookie development to work. Reich hadn’t lost the team at 3-3-1, Irsay bowed down to fans screaming for Ehlinger and then when that didn’t work he finally gave in to the fans scapegoating Reich. Now they are even worse off.
Excellent points. All 3 things can be true: Reich lost the team, hiring Saturday mid season was really stupid, and Ballard does a shit job of filling team needs.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
rcubed (12-18-2022)
Old 12-18-2022, 03:54 PM

Thanked 1,900 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i like reich and think he was a good coach but this team wasn't playing for him

i don't know we could have kept him. that said we wouldn't have lost that game yesterday
What the heck has been different since Reichs been gone?

Nothing really changed that I can tell. The OLine may be marginally better but the offense overall is just as bad, if not worse.
Old 12-18-2022, 04:27 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Unless major changes are made....Jacksonville is going to overtake us and I won't be surprised if the Texans get a lot better and the Colts finish 4th next season and maybe we have to get use to that?
Jags for sure. Watching the Cowgirls vs. Jags and Lawrence is becoming a damn good qb. Contrary to what Dam thinks. He is going to be a pain in our ass for a long time.
CletusPyle (12-18-2022)