ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-30-2023, 07:49 AM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
We miss Grover. Don’t have anyone that can play the run like him. It all started there and was a chain reaction. Saints oline was pushing them around. Safeties come down. They throw over the top. And they’re decimated at corner. You can’t expect your 5th 6th corner to hold up.

But this was never a playoff year, it’s a rebuilding year. I think everyone got excited after a few wins, and they are competitive if compleatly healthy. But they aren’t right now.
I was fine trying to make the playoffs with AR, probably finishing 7-9 or 8-8, he gets tons of experience and we get a middle of the pack draft order. But after losing him for the season and dropping these two home games I see no point to this season now. If someone would want Minshew before the trade deadline and you can get some young DB or decent draft pick for next season, I would do it! It sucks, but this season is lost, a total fucking waste!
Chromeburn (10-30-2023), Ironshaft (10-30-2023)
Old 10-30-2023, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
I was fine trying to make the playoffs with AR, probably finishing 7-9 or 8-8, he gets tons of experience and we get a middle of the pack draft order. But after losing him for the season and dropping these two home games I see no point to this season now. If someone would want Minshew before the trade deadline and you can get some young DB or decent draft pick for next season, I would do it! It sucks, but this season is lost, a total fucking waste!
Alas, I agree with you 100%. The Colts are not going anywhere this season.

I am not nearly as down on our roster build as some here. As Chrome said, you cannot compete with your 5th and 6th CBs covering their 1st and 2nd WR. That is not a winning combo.

Grover is one of the best run defenders in the league and missing him kills. His fault; he was stupid and he deserves to be punished based on the league rules but his missing presence was felt.

This roster is not nearly as bad as the Saints found holes in them and not nearly as good as some of their best play. But, with a quality QB and healthy? I think this roster can compete with anyone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (10-30-2023), Racehorse (10-30-2023)
Old 10-30-2023, 08:50 AM

I agree, the Colts will go nowhere close to playoffs this year. It's a young team, but has too many holes especially in depth to be a contender. As for AR, the book is still out on him. I need to see more before I can feel confident in him being a franchise QB and even if he's solid, his durability is still in question. Colts definitely need help at WR, OL, pass rushing DE and DB.
Old 10-30-2023, 11:04 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,039 Times in 1,866 Posts

Haven't beaten the Saints since September of 2007.
Old 10-30-2023, 11:16 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
I think many came to that conclusion after AR looked better than we thought. Most everyone was expecting a rebuilding year before that, but we won a few games early on. But yeah, since AR went down, there isn't much point to the season. We could still win a few more games easily scoring 20 pts a game. Even if they made the playoffs though they would be exposed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (10-30-2023)
Old 10-30-2023, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
But this was never a playoff year, it’s a rebuilding year. I think everyone got excited after a few wins, and they are competitive if compleatly healthy. But they aren’t right now.
Should next year be another rebuilding year? Or should the team put winning over roster development?

Last edited by rm1369; 10-30-2023 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-30-2023, 06:12 PM

The roster when fully healthy i believe has the chance to compete with anyone, especially with another year under their belt.

QB's well Richardson was looking like he was developing just fine, Minshew as a backup is a great guy to have on the roster to fill in for a few games, but is not someone anyone is thinking is the long term solution.

RB's well Moss has been outstanding and Taylor has now stepped and proven he is the man. Not convinced by Sermon, our rookie Hull looks like he could be the third down back.

TE's i am happy with the group as a whole. Woods, Ogletree, Mallory, Granson are a good young group, who i don't feel have been utilised anywhere near enough. I can't see Mo Alie-Cox being on the roster next year.

WR's Downs has been better than most thought he would be, Pittman although not a truly outstanding No.1 is a good player in the group. Pierce i am still ok with, but after that i don't trust anyone.

We still need Oline depth, although Raimann has played well, Fries also. French did ok when replacing Kelly for a few games. The experience that Freeland has gained is great, he has had his struggles, but hasn't been horrific and should be a great swing tackle going forward. But that is only 7 guys.

I thought the Dline has been fairly good against the run, Grover Stewart has thrown a huge spanner into that though. He was superb until his suspension. In my opinion we were rushing the passer at as high a rate as i can remember since the days of Freeney and Mathis, although clearly we don't have anyone of that ilk at rushing the passer.

Franklin and Speed have played as well as possibly any pair of LB's in the league, but Shaq is really struggling to come back from his injuries. Depending upon what Franklin's injury status is, Shaq might have a much bigger role going forward this year and has a chance to prove himself again.

Our CB's were a real cause for concern at the beginning of the season, but i have been quite happy with how Dallis Flowers and Juju Brents have played, and Kenny Moore has been really good in the slot. Add in the stupidity of Rogers and then this could easily have been a position of strength for next season, and might still be. Jones, Baker and Brown have struggled, but that doesn't mean this year's experience could hopefully mean that come next year the depth is actually as strong as it has ever been.

The safeties, Blackmon has played well, i am not sure that Thomas has played as well as last year. And then Nick Cross has done next to nothing, but hopefully he is someone with the raw talent who can step up.

Overall there are a lot of young pieces going forward who are gaining experience this year, which bodes well for the coming seasons. We are a very young roster.

PS Matt Gay has been a special signing.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (11-01-2023), ChaosTheory (10-31-2023), Colts And Orioles (10-31-2023), omahacolt (10-31-2023), Racehorse (10-30-2023)
Old 10-31-2023, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Kirk Cousins out for the season with an achilles tear, would they be interested in Minshew, what could we get for him?

I don’t know that the Vikings are interested in a guy who averages 2 or more to’s a game. Heard Big Ben flew into Minneapolis yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to bigalbert For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (10-31-2023)
Old 10-31-2023, 12:14 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,283 Times in 2,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post

The roster when fully healthy i believe has the chance to compete with anyone, especially with another year under their belt.

QB's well Richardson was looking like he was developing just fine, Minshew as a backup is a great guy to have on the roster to fill in for a few games, but is not someone anyone is thinking is the long term solution.

RB's well Moss has been outstanding and Taylor has now stepped and proven he is the man. Not convinced by Sermon, our rookie Hull looks like he could be the third down back.

TE's i am happy with the group as a whole. Woods, Ogletree, Mallory, Granson are a good young group, who i don't feel have been utilised anywhere near enough. I can't see Mo Alie-Cox being on the roster next year.

WR's Downs has been better than most thought he would be, Pittman although not a truly outstanding No.1 is a good player in the group. Pierce i am still ok with, but after that i don't trust anyone.

We still need Oline depth, although Raimann has played well, Fries also. French did ok when replacing Kelly for a few games. The experience that Freeland has gained is great, he has had his struggles, but hasn't been horrific and should be a great swing tackle going forward. But that is only 7 guys.

I thought the Dline has been fairly good against the run, Grover Stewart has thrown a huge spanner into that though. He was superb until his suspension. In my opinion we were rushing the passer at as high a rate as i can remember since the days of Freeney and Mathis, although clearly we don't have anyone of that ilk at rushing the passer.

Franklin and Speed have played as well as possibly any pair of LB's in the league, but Shaq is really struggling to come back from his injuries. Depending upon what Franklin's injury status is, Shaq might have a much bigger role going forward this year and has a chance to prove himself again.

Our CB's were a real cause for concern at the beginning of the season, but i have been quite happy with how Dallis Flowers and Juju Brents have played, and Kenny Moore has been really good in the slot. Add in the stupidity of Rogers and then this could easily have been a position of strength for next season, and might still be. Jones, Baker and Brown have struggled, but that doesn't mean this year's experience could hopefully mean that come next year the depth is actually as strong as it has ever been.

The safeties, Blackmon has played well, i am not sure that Thomas has played as well as last year. And then Nick Cross has done next to nothing, but hopefully he is someone with the raw talent who can step up.

Overall there are a lot of young pieces going forward who are gaining experience this year, which bodes well for the coming seasons. We are a very young roster.

PS. Matt Gay has been a special signing.

o

This is very detailed and informative ...... you're a knowledgeable fan, you British bastard.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (11-01-2023)