ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-27-2020, 10:26 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,039 Times in 1,866 Posts

I turned it off early, as I've seen this too many times before. I'm still disgusted. Key players were out injured, but questions still need to be asked.
Old 12-28-2020, 12:06 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,283 Times in 2,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

The Colts can win the division if the Titans lose to the Packers and the Texans. They will most likely beat the Texans next week, but I would never bet against DeShaun Watson and company. When he is healthy, they are always dangerous.

o
o

The Packers won.

As a team overall, I think that the Colts looked better against the Steelers today than the Titans looked against the Packers just now.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-28-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 12:19 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
o

The Packers won.

As a team overall, I think that the Colts looked better against the Steelers today than the Titans looked against the Packers just now.

o
Still no fucking excuse for that choke job we should be sitting atop the division, largest comeback in Tomlins career, why the fuck is Willis on the goddam punt team???

Reich is clearly trying to showcase his buddy old man Rivers when it should clearly be Taylor and it’s killing us against good teams and has killed us all year
Old 12-28-2020, 03:11 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post

Missing BOTH starting tackles.

Give me THIS TEAM healthy in the playoffs, and we can beat anyone.

o

As an extremely biased observer/avid Colts fan, my first reaction to this loss to the Steelers was "This team fucking sucks. They blew a 17-point lead in a game that was of the utmost importance."

After taking a step back from the proverbial ledge, I believe that this post from Puck is more based in reality than other posts which proclaim that this loss is proof that Rivers is completely washed-up, and that the Colts are no better than an average team (neither of which I believe to be true.)

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 12-28-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
o

As an extremely biased observer/avid Colts fan, my first reaction to this loss to the Steelers was "This team fucking sucks. They blew a 17-point lead in a game that was of the utmost importance."

After taking a step back from the proverbial ledge, I believe that this post from Puck is more based in reality than other posts which proclaim that this loss is proof that Rivers is completely washed-up, and that the Colts are no better than an average team (neither of which I believe to be true.)

o
I’ve been a Colts fan since ‘57, and I can’t remember a bigger collapse. I’m sure there have been a few, but I can’t recall one. Maybe C&O or Albany can jog my memory.
Old 12-28-2020, 04:54 PM
Historian

Quote:
o

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post

I’ve been a Colts fan since ‘57, and I can’t remember a bigger collapse. I’m sure there have been a few, but I can’t recall one. Maybe C&O or Albany can jog my memory.

o

5 years before I was born in 1960, this was a historically heartbreaking loss for the Colts. The "collapse" was not in terms of blowing a big lead, but rather that of throwing a game away in the final seconds ....... immediately after the Colts had seemingly pulled off a miracle comeback of their own. With only 14 seconds to play, Johnny Unitas threw what appeared to be the winning 31-yard TD pass to Lenny Moore. Moore made a leaping grab for that TD, and it looked the Colts had stolen the game from the Lions ...... until those last 14 seconds were played.

With many fans literally coming onto and crowding the field while the game was still in progress in those final 14 seconds, it was somewhat of a version of 1982's "The Play" between California and Stanford.

Lions Stun Colts with 65-Yard TD on Last Play

(By Keith Yowell)

https://fs64sports.blogspot.com/2012...5-yard-td.html

o

Old 12-28-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
o

5 years before I was born in 1960, this was a historically heartbreaking loss for the Colts. The "collapse" was not in terms of blowing a big lead, but rather that of throwing a game away in the final seconds ....... immediately after the Colts had seemingly pulled off a miracle comeback of their own. With only 14 seconds to play, Johnny Unitas threw what appeared to be the winning 31-yard TD pass to Lenny Moore. Moore made a leaping grab for that TD, and it looked the Colts had stolen the game from the Lions ...... until those last 14 seconds were played.

With many fans literally coming onto and crowding the field while the game was still in progress in those final 14 seconds, it was somewhat of a version of 1982's "The Play" between California and Stanford.

Lions Stun Colts with 65-Yard TD on Last Play

(By Keith Yowell)

https://fs64sports.blogspot.com/2012...5-yard-td.html

o
Thanks, I barely remember that game, the newspaper article was really good, Unitas, Donovan, Lipscome, Moore and Ameche... brings back some good memories.
Old 12-28-2020, 06:25 PM

Thanked 1,123 Times in 625 Posts

Rock Ya-Suck never needs to see the field ever again.

Him along with Ben Banogu where horrible picks by Ballard.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dewey 5 For This Useful Post:
apballin (12-28-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post

Banogu could just be a rumor, I don't think I've ever seen him.

I think Rock could make some $ at Nickelback. He's physical, willing to tackle, and isn't afraid of making plays on the ball. The problem is Moore is a better Nickel back.

I'm hopeful Ballard can fool someone into a trade next year.
Old 12-28-2020, 06:41 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post

I refuse to call him that his name is Charmin ya sin in my household