ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-20-2021, 08:41 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
Since 2017 the stock market has almost doubled, so don't use that as an excuse, and the cap is the money that the owners receive from the TV deals, its not coming out of Irsays pocket.
No shit? Seen it recently? And he’s not day trading in the stock market that means money is invested in long-term growth. You just can’t go dipping in and out of that.

Oh and that TV deal it just got extended practically doubling. So I don’t think Jimmy has money problems.

Do you know who owns more farmland than anyone else in America? Bill Gates. Why is he doing that? He knows that there’s only so much farmland in America and God isn’t making any more. That’s long-term thinking. Oh and by the way as we keep plowing a farmland in Indiana to expand around the loop. We’re plowing up farmland. As the amount gets smaller the price goes up. And you can’t do that unless you commit a sizable mount of money and you’ll leave it there. Jim is he’s not his father, he’s a much better businessman, Has made a whole lot more money than his dad could dream of
Old 03-20-2021, 09:11 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
And he is not. There’s a pandemic have you noticed? In the stock market is all over the place or have you not noticed that?

He doesn’t have a big safe in his office full of cash, and if you think anyone does that’s just dumb.

They are altering his pre-existing contract so it makes more sense for the team he’s on now. And that means That you’re gonna need to move money from here to there and that it may be more than what you had in your safe.

The cap Is somewhere around $280 million. Do you think he has that sitting around in tens and 20s? Don’t be a simpleton
This is just a fucking stupid ass post. And talk about being a simpleton, damn look in the mirror! I've said it before and I will say it again, you post some of the stupidest shit on this board.
Old 03-20-2021, 09:33 AM

Thanked 4,300 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Totally agree. So far the Titans got better, and all we accomplished is losing Autry. Top 5 in cap space and we haven't signed anyone who I consider an upgrade anywhere.
it still may turn out fine. there is talent to be had but it is pretty dumb to not target certain guys and just go get them

we have seen him sit on cash way too much.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (03-20-2021), rcubed (03-20-2021), rm1369 (03-20-2021), Spike (03-20-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 09:45 AM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Good for him. Glad the Colts didn't pay him that much.
Seems pretty cheap for his production. I would have been perfectly fine with keeping him for that much and punting replacing him to next offseason. Although Walker was probably looking to go to a place where he can be a clear starter to set him up for a long term deal.
Old 03-20-2021, 10:07 AM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
People are acting like this is the first off season we have gone thru with Ballard. This is how he operates. We may love it or hate it but it is how it is. I personally love it. The only real worry I have is pass rush and I can’t remember when I didn’t worry about it. Ballard has put a lot of resources into the rush thru the draft and has nothing really to show for it Hopefully on of those picks will have a light come on I don’t think you can solve your rush thru free agency. Losing Autry was expected We bought low and he left with a nice contract. I’m willing to bet we end up getting his best years It’s way early. Relax freaks
The difference this year is we're seeing good players that would have filled some very big needs of ours going to other teams for very reasonable short term deals or on cheap 1 year contracts, and also losing our own for the same.

- Lawson would have been an upgrade at arguably our biggest need. Yes, he signed a bigger contract, but he didn't get ridiculous money and his contract is only guaranteed through '22. So if it doesn't work out then it's easy to cut bait on him after next season.

- John Brown signed for cheap and would have filled a big need of ours. Even if we end up re-signing TY to a team friendly deal it still would have been a great move to bring Brown in for that cheap.

- We expected Autry to walk and get paid, but his new contract really wasn't much more than what we were paying him. His average is only $1.2M more per season and GTD is only $2.5M over 3 years. Seems like we could have figured something out there.

- While losing Walker isn't a huge blow, it's still a blow. Hopefully we can spend a mid round pick to backfill him, but at 1 year $3.5M it seems like we could have kept him and punting on backfilling him to next offseason.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
rcubed (03-20-2021), Spike (03-20-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 10:23 AM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

The N.F.L. signed new media rights agreements with CBS, NBC, Fox, ESPN and Amazon collectively worth about $110 billion over 11 years, nearly doubling the value of its previous contracts.

There is no shortage of money

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/18/s...contracts.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (03-20-2021), Racehorse (03-20-2021), Spike (03-20-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 01:26 PM
Post whore

Quote:
This is just a fucking stupid ass post. And talk about being a simpleton, damn look in the mirror! I've said it before and I will say it again, you post some of the stupidest shit on this board.
Coming from mr. panic every time some team signs a player the colts dont want
Old 03-20-2021, 01:31 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Coming from mr. panic every time some team signs a player the colts dont want
Oh really? The Colts didn't want or need Lawson? You're fucking delusional if you think that!
Old 03-20-2021, 01:40 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Oh really? The Colts didn't want or need Lawson? You're fucking delusional if you think that!
No, I’m not pitching a nutty over something that didnt happen.

And I do not presume to know what goes on in the front office. Did anyone here see the Colts trading for Bruckner? How many people here were bitching about Taylor early in the season?

A delusional person believes they know more than the professionals who are great at their jobs.
Old 03-20-2021, 02:26 PM
Post whore

Quote:
No, I’m not pitching a nutty over something that didnt happen.

And I do not presume to know what goes on in the front office. Did anyone here see the Colts trading for Bruckner? How many people here were bitching about Taylor early in the season?

A delusional person believes they know more than the professionals who are great at their jobs.
Okay Jaff. You have your opinion and I have mine. I will let it go at that.