ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-06-2023, 01:50 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,282 Times in 2,024 Posts

o

I have a general question, please bear with me ......

I have seen that numerous posters have had trouble trying to use their "devices" for the service.

I have no interest whatsoever in trying to use the services for my cell phone ...... I strictly will be using it for my bedroom television, which has an Amazon Firestick.

Because of the fact that I will be using the services for my TV l and my TV only, l will the likelihood of me having any kind of trouble be less than if I were trying to use it for multiple devices, such as a Smart Phone ???

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 12-06-2023, 03:26 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I have seen that numerous posters have had trouble trying to use their "devices" for the service.

I have no interest whatsoever in trying to use the services for my cell phone ...... I strictly will be using it for my bedroom television, which has an Amazon Firestick.

Because of the fact that I will be using the services for my TV l and my TV only, l will the likelihood of me having any kind of trouble be less than if I were trying to use it for multiple devices, such as a Smart Phone ???

o
I can only speak to my own experience with this service. I access the service on a FireTV Stick, on my MacBook, on my iPhone, and on my iPad. But I only pay for one connection so I can only view the service on one device at a time! For me, the service works the same on all my devices, in other words, I have no more problems using it on my Mac than I do using it on my FireTV Stick, or phone or iPad.

I have had the service for over a year, during that time I have only had a few problems using it. Keep in mind that the TV service is dependent on your internet service, speed, data caps if any, quality, etc all play a role....I have 300mps internet with no data caps.

Biggest problem:

Buffering - seems to happen on some channels more than others, for me it seems to happen most on ESPN and local Sports Networks. Usually I can just change the channel and then change back and the service works again, occasionally it may happen several times during an event for longer periods of time, but I have never had to totally abandon a program and for me it rarely happens at all. It very seldom if ever happens when watching a movie or a series.

You will not have any more or less problems if you only use the service on one TV. But you will have buffering from time to time, I am not sure where these feeds for the channels originate, and personally I think the feeds get messed with by other providers who want to block their programming from IPTV users to force you to use a more expensive cable or satellite TV provider. So if you are the type of person who cannot tolerate an occasional buffering issue, and it can be frustrating at times, then you should probably just fork over $100 a month for cable or satellite, but even they are not totally problem free but you would have fewer problems I am sure.

So, that is probably more information than you wanted, I get a little long winded at times!

Last edited by CletusPyle; 12-06-2023 at 03:36 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CletusPyle For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-06-2023), Spike (12-24-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

o
The only issue I've had with my 1 connection is my son would use it occasionally and if he didn't actually "back out" of the service it wouldn't log him out. In other words don't just close the app/window. You have to back out of it or it seems to think you're still logged in and won't allow another connection.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dwilli57 For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-06-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 03:54 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilli57 View Post
The only issue I've had with my 1 connection is my son would use it occasionally and if he didn't actually "back out" of the service it wouldn't log him out. In other words don't just close the app/window. You have to back out of it or it seems to think you're still logged in and won't allow another connection.

Yes, I have had that happen once myself. Did you see raindog's post earlier today? I can't remember what error I received when trying to log in when the connection was still active on another device...could it cause the errors he mentioned in his post?
Old 12-06-2023, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Yes, I have had that happen once myself. Did you see raindog's post earlier today? I can't remember what error I received when trying to log in when the connection was still active on another device...could it cause the errors he mentioned in his post?
My case happened when I was camping and tried to watch an NFL game ala Sunday Ticket. The game would play for 20-30 seconds, then freeze and buffer for 10 seconds, then resume for another 20-30 seconds, then buffer again. It got really annoying, unwatchable actually. When I found out he was just shutting off his TV we messed with exiting procedures and it hasn't happened again. I paid Josh 6 months at a time so I'm good til March with that system.

The Following User Says Thank You to dwilli57 For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (12-06-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 06:42 PM

They are saying I need to set up recurring payments on my cc.

Which I believe I had already done.

Dunno

I have 2 connections setup.

Using Firestick and iPad mostly.

Have had just enough hassles with this that I am now debating continuing.

I have YouTube TV so just use this for the times I can’t get what I want on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to red raindog For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (12-06-2023)
Old 12-23-2023, 11:11 PM

Default TV Service

Just got home and want to know if anybody figured out how to watch the Bills/Chargers game being broadcast on Peacock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Never mind
Found it

Last edited by red raindog; 12-23-2023 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-24-2023, 12:49 AM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by red raindog View Post
Just got home and want to know if anybody figured out how to watch the Bills/Chargers game being broadcast on Peacock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Never mind
Found it
If you have my TV service its in the NFL Folder.
red raindog (12-24-2023)
Old 12-24-2023, 10:20 AM

Thanked 4,423 Times in 2,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
If you have my TV service its in the NFL Folder.
If I were to purchase the service, what equipment would I need to purchase?
Old 12-24-2023, 11:15 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,282 Times in 2,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post

If I were to purchase the service, what equipment would I need to purchase ???

o

I know that you didn't ask me, but I do know that a ROKU box WILL NOT work, and that an Amazon Firestick WILL work.

Puck can fill you in with a more detailed explanation.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-28-2023), red raindog (12-24-2023)