ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-26-2021, 05:45 PM

Thanked 1,672 Times in 800 Posts

I'll try for the less dramatic take on Omaha's 16 points of light.

1. Wentz needs time. He really missed too much time. And suddenly the offensive line sucks and that's not his fault. But he does need to make his reads faster.

2. OK, I can't tone this one down. We need to control the game by running the ball.

3. I think Fisher was a good idea but he might not work. But he also needs time. He literally was not playing football until about 10 days ago.

4. Yea this is weird. Eason was supposed to be the back up and then suddenly when we need a back up, he's not the guy? Then you have to cut him. We could do better with Brissett. What a colossal fuck up.

5. I secretly love Pascal but he can't be any teams #1. He's a great weapon if he's your #3. Again I can't understand why they scratched Strachan?

6. TE's can be more than just guys but why don't we use them?

7. Yea OK its weird.

8. I don't understand letting Autry go. What happened to signing guys who did their jobs?

9. See #11

10. Maybe, but with a healthy DL we've handled Henry before. But this defense has regressed.

11. Leadership. You're right here, we have none. i don't want to start another vax debate, but its a problem that these "leaders" are also the antivaxxers. Leaders start by leading by example. They haven't done that. At least 3 of the team captains (Nelson, Leonard, Wentz) are antivaxxers. On a pro football team its time to leave the politics and nonsense at home and show that you're willing to do what it takes to stay healthy and stay on the field. If half the team can't trust these leaders, then they aren't leading.

12. We can run well, but we don't try.

13. Nope, well, just the running game.

14. See #9.

15. Probably not, because I think he'll be fine. But we need a high round DB or pass rusher.

16. Hard to understand, but this team got worse. I'm wondering about Ballard's choices in who to let walk and who to keep.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Butter (09-26-2021), Oldcolt (09-26-2021), omahacolt (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
I'll try for the less dramatic take on Omaha's 16 points of light.

1. Wentz needs time. He really missed too much time. And suddenly the offensive line sucks and that's not his fault. But he does need to make his reads faster.

2. OK, I can't tone this one down. We need to control the game by running the ball.

3. I think Fisher was a good idea but he might not work. But he also needs time. He literally was not playing football until about 10 days ago.

4. Yea this is weird. Eason was supposed to be the back up and then suddenly when we need a back up, he's not the guy? Then you have to cut him. We could do better with Brissett. What a colossal fuck up.

5. I secretly love Pascal but he can't be any teams #1. He's a great weapon if he's your #3. Again I can't understand why they scratched Strachan?

6. TE's can be more than just guys but why don't we use them?

7. Yea OK its weird.

8. I don't understand letting Autry go. What happened to signing guys who did their jobs?

9. See #11

10. Maybe, but with a healthy DL we've handled Henry before. But this defense has regressed.

11. Leadership. You're right here, we have none. i don't want to start another vax debate, but its a problem that these "leaders" are also the antivaxxers. Leaders start by leading by example. They haven't done that. At least 3 of the team captains (Nelson, Leonard, Wentz) are antivaxxers. On a pro football team its time to leave the politics and nonsense at home and show that you're willing to do what it takes to stay healthy and stay on the field. If half the team can't trust these leaders, then they aren't leading.

12. We can run well, but we don't try.

13. Nope, well, just the running game.

14. See #9.

15. Probably not, because I think he'll be fine. But we need a high round DB or pass rusher.

16. Hard to understand, but this team got worse. I'm wondering about Ballard's choices in who to let walk and who to keep.
Point 11 is spot on. And I would bet on this point causing extensive fracturing in the locker room. Wentz, Kelly, Leonard, Pascal, Fisher. Pathetic.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MDcolt For This Useful Post:
Butter (09-26-2021), Oldcolt (09-26-2021), PowayColt (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 06:03 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Omaha is drunk, and gets emotional when drunk. As for him being smart... well, he likes Keystone Light.

As to your point about Taylor, it has a bunch of people scratching their heads. The dude is one of our three offensive playmakers, but when he does well, we go away from him. I wish Tennessee was that stupid when it comes to Henry.
i like the price of keystone light but haven't drank it in probably 8 years.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (09-26-2021), JAFF (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
They didn’t play him at all in the preseason and then give him 10 measly carries in a huge division game? And it’s not like he wasn’t producing. 64 yards on 10 carries. 6.4 yards per carry.

Absolute bullshit.

Mike Vrabel should be buying Reich dinner for a gift like that.

Omaha also said Leonard isn’t a leader, so he’s obviously drunk.
ok fine

leonard isn't a good leader
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
JAFF (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowayColt View Post
Some are saying we would have won this game with a healthy Wentz. We don't know that because he's NEVER HEALTHY. We're not even out of September yet and he's already had two injuries and missed time due to his selfish decision to not get vaccinated. Eagles must be laughing their heads off. Sit Wentz and let's see what Eason can do. We need to find out and while at it, get some of our draft capital back.
eason is done

they have zero faith in him. might as well cut him
Dewey 5 (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I think you’re being a little dramatic.

Wentz has had like 5 practices since JOINING THE DAMN TEAM and was playing hurt on top of that and you’re done with him already? Come on, Omaha. I thought you were smarter than that.

I’m not convinced at all the Wentz is the answer but he’s what we have. And he’s not been that bad, all things considered.

If things don’t get any better, I’m not sure we shouldn’t try and salvage that first round pick AND try and get Wentz healthy, but I’m not at all convinced that we can’t win with him.

The single worst decision made today was Reich giving Taylor 10 freaking carries in a game that was close all the way. That’s inexcusable.
so you argument is that a player that is always hurt, can't be judged because he is hurt?

i don't think wentz is the worst qb out there. just that with all things considered, we invested too much into a guy that isn't the guy this team needs
Old 09-26-2021, 06:12 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
eason is done

they have zero faith in him. might as well cut him
That is not fair.

There was limited time in the year that is “pandemic that is not to be named” where there was limited coaching
Old 09-26-2021, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
That is not fair.

There was limited time in the year that is “pandemic that is not to be named” where there was limited coaching
if your #2 qb can't play? he isn't your #2 qb. eason should go to the practice squad and not take up reps from the real backup
Butter (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 06:21 PM

Thanked 1,900 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
so you argument is that a player that is always hurt, can't be judged because he is hurt?

i don't think wentz is the worst qb out there. just that with all things considered, we invested too much into a guy that isn't the guy this team needs
He’s always going to be injury prone, largely because he’s always going to hold the ball a second to long trying to be the hero. The hope was that Reich would be able to help him with that.

I think it’s too early to make any decisions on that because he just hasn’t had enough time.

We know he can play at an MVP level.

As for doing any better, he was who Reich wanted, so he was always going to be the guy. Plus, they would have had to give up more for Fields, who was the only other realistic option. Well, other than Darnold, who would have made even less sense.

I just think it’s too early to say Wentz hasn’t worked out.
Old 09-26-2021, 06:22 PM

Thanked 1,900 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
That is not fair.

He’s right about Eason. This past week finished him in Indy.

He wasn’t even the back up today, for crying out loud.

He’s done. They may as well cut him and move on.