ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-13-2019, 04:54 PM

For a guy who has played for 9 years he has only seen the field for 89 regular season games, as he missed pretty much the entirety of 4 season, and half of another. But he has managed to stay healthy for 4 full seasons in his career. I am not sure what sort of injuries he has suffered though. But for the length of his career he has relatively few miles on the clock.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:15 PM

Thanked 2,679 Times in 1,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
Schefty reports WR Tyrell Williams to Raiders. No contract details yet.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...91283342671875

Contract details for Tyrell Williams:

4 year, $44 million deal with up to $3M additional in incentives; includes $22M guaranteed

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...36225888882688
Old 03-13-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Zach Brown to ILB beside Leonard with Walker as depth and SSLB when needed? That is an upgrade.

But Ballard is not signing a 30 year old player who is not a kicker. Young core above all at this stage of team development.

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
This is the mindset I disagree with. You add players thru the draft every damn year. Are you suggesting that player development won’t be a concern 2 years from now? 3 years from now? I seriously doubt it. Player development is a critical aspect for any team. Certainly there is a line, but you have to trust your coaches. The idea every spot has to be held open for a young guy to develop is BS. Fuck that. They were a playoff team last year. How long do you gift players playing time? Acquire talent and let guys compete.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:56 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Zach Brown to ILB beside Leonard with Walker as depth and SSLB when needed? That is an upgrade.

But Ballard is not signing a 30 year old player who is not a kicker. Young core above all at this stage of team development.

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I still think they sign a veteran SAM in free agency once the market settles. Same with NT.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
This is the mindset I disagree with. You add players thru the draft every damn year. Are you suggesting that player development won’t be a concern 2 years from now? 3 years from now? I seriously doubt it. Player development is a critical aspect for any team. Certainly there is a line, but you have to trust your coaches. The idea every spot has to be held open for a young guy to develop is BS. Fuck that. They were a playoff team last year. How long do you gift players playing time? Acquire talent and let guys compete.
You are arguing in a vacuum. If Ballard has some draft picks in mind, he doesn't care what other people think about how he targets players.

People killed him for taking a G at number one. And they thought Leonard was drafted too high. WTF, how did that work?

That 30 yr old LB may still be available after the draft. Then you go get him. I can't think of his name, the safety they signed after the second week and he played well and coached up the younger DB's. Those guys are out there, so what's the urgency of signing a vet now?
Old 03-13-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
You are arguing in a vacuum. If Ballard has some draft picks in mind, he doesn't care what other people think about how he targets players.

People killed him for taking a G at number one. And they thought Leonard was drafted too high. WTF, how did that work?

That 30 yr old LB may still be available after the draft. Then you go get him. I can't think of his name, the safety they signed after the second week and he played well and coached up the younger DB's. Those guys are out there, so what's the urgency of signing a vet now?
That's what I've been picturing for SAM and NT. Those are worth bringing in a vet, but you don't have to do something crazy early in free agency. Good players can be had later this spring.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

A few players still out there.... Thoughts ?

DB Adrian Phillips

DT Darius Philon

RB C.J. Anderson

DE Shane Ray

DE Benson Mayowa

DT Brent Urban

DT Ndamukong Suh

DE Ziggy Ansah

RB Tevin Coleman

CB Ronald Darby

TE Jared Cook

WR Golden Tate

ILB Zach Brown

LB Shaquil Barrett

S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Spike (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
A few players still out there.... Thoughts ?

DB Adrian Phillips

DT Darius Philon

RB C.J. Anderson

DE Shane Ray

DE Benson Mayowa

DT Brent Urban

DT Ndamukong Suh

DE Ziggy Ansah

RB Tevin Coleman

CB Ronald Darby

TE Jared Cook

WR Golden Tate

ILB Zach Brown

LB Shaquil Barrett

S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
I think Philon is a fit but I don’t know if there’s a sure thing roster spot available for a DL other than maybe a NT.

Holder said the Colts didn’t see Barrett as a 4-3 DE. Wonder if they feel the same about Ray.

I predict they sign one or two players we aren’t even thinking about.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post

I’m honestly not sure what anything you said has to do with what I said.

Of course I know Ballard doesn’t care what I or anyone else thinks. And he shouldn’t.

Are you arguing that if we had signed a vet in their spot that Nelson or Leonard may not be as good as they are? If so then the coaching staff sucks - unless the guys Ballard signed where pro bowl caliber. And if that’s the case then I’d say it’s a good problem to have.

Who said anything about signing a guy now? I commented on the mindset of not bringing in a vet player because he may take snaps from young guy. Before or after the draft wasn’t part of anything said. Although I would say waiting to acquire players until after the draft doesn’t make sense in most situations except maybe early first rounders. Otherwise the BPA approach everyone talks about is BS. Ballard can’t know who he’s going to draft. Holding open playing time for a 3rd-7th roudnder is ridiculous. Make them earn it.

Last edited by rm1369; 03-13-2019 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:09 PM

Ajayi will visit the Colts next week and take a physical. If his knee checks out, he could fill a role as the power back next year.