ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-04-2018, 02:27 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Sherck you are better than calling people critical of Ballard.'s moves "haters". Give me a break. I don't even dislike Ballard. I think he's made mistakes. And he's owned some of them. I think he's taking longer than he needs to. What I dislike are the fiercely loyal happy horse-shitters that love everything he does and refuse to even consider that a rookie GM might be making bad decisions. The ball swingers. What has Ballard done to deserve unflinching loyalty? Where is the loyalty to the players?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
Maniac (09-04-2018), omahacolt (09-04-2018), rm1369 (09-04-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Phil Simms, John Elway?
I dont see where Elway applies at all. I can’t remember any bottoming out and subsequent forced youth movement from the Broncos. A review of NFL rosters doesn’t show one either.

Simms kinda comes close, but doesn’t really fit either. In the ‘84 season (his 5th), Simms was far from being a franchise QB. Parcells had even named Brunner over him as his starter at one point as Simms had both injury and consistency concerns. I believe he had even asked to be traded at one point. However, in the ‘84 season the Giants did start an inordinate amount of young players along with Simms starting 16 games for the first time in his career. That did eventually end in a Super Bowl in ‘87. Of course this was also a very different NFL, prior to unrestricted free agency. And Simms wasn’t considered a franchise QB entering his prime when New York made the decisions they did. I suppose some hope for the 4 yr rebuild though.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:05 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
Sherck you are better than calling people critical of Ballard.'s moves "haters". Give me a break. I don't even dislike Ballard. I think he's made mistakes. And he's owned some of them. I think he's taking longer than he needs to. What I dislike are the fiercely loyal happy horse-shitters that love everything he does and refuse to even consider that a rookie GM might be making bad decisions. The ball swingers. What has Ballard done to deserve unflinching loyalty? Where is the loyalty to the players?
Exactly. We are free to criticize him at times when we want. I'll give him credit when the situation calls for it as well, like with Leonard. It doesn't mean anyone hates Ballard. I don't. However, he needs to stop taking project players early in the draft when there are guys available that are starter quality and can contribute right away. This team needs guys who can play. It's not helpful to keep drafting guys who may devleop two, three, or even four years down the road. You can do that when you're a talented team and that guy is just a depth player. We aren't that. Will those guys develop? Well I hope so, but I hope we don't have to wait a long time to find out. This in turn causes them to cut players who are better now in the hopes of hanging onto a guy that we hope develops.

Last edited by Maniac; 09-04-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:20 PM

Thanked 1,674 Times in 801 Posts

fuck. is it football yet?
The Following User Says Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
JAFF (09-05-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
So he can't call people attacking Ballard "haters", but it's entirely fair for you to characterize those who defend against those attacks as "fiercely loyal happy horse-shitters that love everything he does and refuse to even consider that a rookie GM might be making bad decisions"?
Old 09-04-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
fuck. is it football yet?
People devolve into savagery without meaningful football. The regular season keeps us sane.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-04-2018), sherck (09-04-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Phil Simms, John Elway?
My thought was Roethlisberger, but since he won early it probably doesn't count. They had a few down years in 2012 and 2013 going 8-8 in both seasons and definitely had some turnover on their roster.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Phil Simms, John Elway?
Add in Seattle and New Orleans a few yrs ago

According to these stats for the last 4 yrs we had one of the oldest rosters in the league

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.phi...7-edition/amp/
Old 09-04-2018, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Come on Sherck

Nobody is pretending to know more than Ballard. That is just pointless bullshit
I don’t know omaha. I think he’s into something with you. You’ve disagreed with about everything Ballard has done. So there fore you think your way would be smarter.
Racehorse (09-04-2018), sherck (09-05-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
In response. I don’t think there are many. BALL SWINGERS here. There are quite a few that actually realize that Ballard had to rid the team of the Grigshit and Pagshit and the players they brought in. And are also maybe waiting to see how his vision plays out before whining that his decisions are bad

The team was old and not good A change had to be made ....many changes

I think most of you will be shocked at what this team is going to look like compared to what we have seen in preseason. I may be wrong but I’m giving him the Benifit of the doubt saving judgement for a hindsight’s version in the future