ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-26-2018, 10:17 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
Ah Bobby Wagner explains it all. In the same segment he mentioned how much he despises the move to Seattle style defenses with one safety over top and leaving corners out on an island. So yeah, he was probably thinking how he would do things.
I've never heard anyone describe a Cover-3 as "leaving corners out on an island." WTH is he talking about?
Old 04-26-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
@nfldraftscout

10am "What I'm Hearing" update:

1 Baker
2 Saquon
3 Darnold
Bills want Allen (and if we're placing bets on who leaked the Allen tweets from high school, I'm going with them), so they'll be looking to move up to get him. If the Browns are really interested in moving back, we could see:

4-Allen
5-QB (trade) or Nelson
6-Chubb (or trade)

I have a good feeling about tonight.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I've never heard anyone describe a Cover-3 as "leaving corners out on an island." WTH is he talking about?
You'd have to listen to the segment. It usually goes over my head especially if I'm trying to recall what was said from several hours ago. Like I said, I'm just paraphrasing. Dakich doesn't (and really no one on local radio) know enough football X's & O's to ever call Venturi out on something like that so who knows what he really means.

http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/dan-...could-be-fatal

There's the show link to his segment.

The quote is around 24 to 25 minutes in.

Last edited by Colt Classic; 04-26-2018 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:22 AM

Per Greg Gabriel:

Quote:
As of yesterday morning, I was told the (Browns) coaching staff and some of Dorsey’s top lieutenants did not know who the pick would be. They were supposedly informed yesterday afternoon.

I’m also told that the scouting staff was under the assumption that the pick would be Mayfield but they weren’t sure because they hadn’t yet been definitively told.
Quote:
The hot player right now in the top 10 is Georgia linebacker Roquan Smith. He could come off the board as early as four and no later than eight. It is Smith — not Tremaine Edmunds — who is considered by almost all as the top linebacker in this draft.
Quote:
I’ve been told that San Francisco (No. 9 overall) wants Smith but won’t be able to get him unless the Niners trade up. Their fall-back guy is said to be Notre Dame offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:43 AM

If Chubb, Smith, and Edmunds are all there at 6, I wonder if the Bears might be willing to come up for Chubb.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:13 PM
Post whore

Getting anxious for the draft to start, hope things fall our way where we can gain some more picks, but not miss out on top tier talent doing so.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:14 PM

Thanked 1,672 Times in 800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Well it does require the CBs to cover the deep zones on each side of the field, but it also helps when you have a rangy ball-hawking FS (i.e., Malik Hooker) who can assist the CBs when the ball is thrown to the deep corners.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
Well it does require the CBs to cover the deep zones on each side of the field, but it also helps when you have a rangy ball-hawking FS (i.e., Malik Hooker) who can assist the CBs when the ball is thrown to the deep corners.
Yeah, I've just never heard of corners in zone coverage described as "being on an island." That usually refers to man coverage without safety help over the top.

It also seems to be a perfect fit for the Colts current safeties. Hooker can play the middle of the field and Geathers can come into the box. They really need rangy LBs who can cover crossing routes, which is why I think Smith is the pick if Chubb isn't there.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:16 PM

McShay and Josina Anderson disagree on #1. Tonight is going to be amazing theatre.

Quote:
@McShay13
Everyone seems convinced it’s Baker to Cleveland. I’m sticking with Darnold. We’ll see in a few hours!
Quote:
@JosinaAnderson
It's my feeling, barring any unexpected new info or proposals surfacing & based off multiple conversations I've had on & off the record up through the crack of dawn this am, that the #Browns have settled on Okla QB Baker Mayfield for the #1 pick in the #NFL Draft tonight at 8pm.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:50 PM

Interesting notes from Tony Pauline on LVE:

Quote:
* There continues to be misinformation floating around about Leighton Vander Esch with recent news the linebacker failed medical exams and was removed from draft boards. The information passed on to me from a general manager this morning is 27 teams gave Vander Esch a passing grade on his medicals, 5 teams flagged him while no team flunked him. Flagging means a team will move a player down 10 to 20 slots on a draft board due to a red flag, in this case Vander Esch’s neck. Flunking means the team has removed the player from their board. The information passed to me states no team flunked Vander Esch for medicals or any other reason.

* More important for the Boise State linebacker is the leaking of information from the Dallas Cowboys and Pittsburgh Steelers. Both teams gave Vander Esch a passing grade on medicals. I feel reasonably certain he ends up with Dallas with the 18th pick.