ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-14-2021, 03:30 PM

Thanked 2,684 Times in 1,189 Posts

The Colts are now at least 75% vaccinated - all NFL teams have hit that benchmark.

Nearly half the teams have achieved a 95% vaccination rate.

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/stat...12651182612481

Quote:
All 32 NFL teams now have above 75% vaccination rate, per source.

*28 teams above 85%
*25 teams above 90%
*15 teams above 95%
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
apballin (08-14-2021), Colts And Orioles (08-14-2021), Oldcolt (08-14-2021), Racehorse (08-14-2021), TheMugwump (08-14-2021)
Old 08-14-2021, 08:19 PM

Thanked 2,536 Times in 1,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
It is good that you are capable of trust with a group that has fucked you over and over and over again because it is a public health issue. I know nobody else in the world that bases their trust not on the people saying it, but instead based on the fact that is is public health. You have absolute faith in those numbers, some people have legitimate reasons to doubt them. I am guessing that anything that came out of our last presidents mouth was met with skepticism. Why? Because in your mind he had lied about a bunch of things. The same can be said of the US government interactions with our fellow black citizens.
Like I understand that position, but I'm really glad it wasn't widespread when the polio and smallpox vaccines were around, and I'm really glad a bunch of kids don't have to suffer with it anymore.
Oldcolt (08-14-2021)
Old 08-15-2021, 01:37 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
With even a little research, no I can’t understand how Tuskegee looks similar. This is on a global scale and being given to people of all races - not just African Americans. I understand the general distrust with the government and it is unfortunately well earned. However, throwing up your hands and watching your community suffer is not the acceptable answer IMO. Leaders lead. It’s not that hard to understand.

Do you think what he is doing is smart? Do you think it is well informed? And most importantly, do you think it benefits his community? I’m sure Leonard believes he has reasons. Just as Cousins and Beasley do. That doesn’t change the way I will judge all three. They have either not researched it or they have researched it and came to the conclusion it is better to risk Covid. They do this as millionaires with large voices and plenty of access to information. And as guys that will have access to the absolute best health care available if they get sick and with little worry about major medical bills. I judge all three for the harm they are doing. You can give Leonard a pass if you want.

Its not about whether the situations look similar, it about the govt performing an atrocious experiment on a specific group. One with a history of abuse. They have little trust in the govt. You could say they are getting the same vaccine, but they could say how do we know that for sure.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (08-15-2021), Oldcolt (08-15-2021), Racehorse (08-15-2021), Spike (08-15-2021)
Old 08-15-2021, 05:26 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post

It's not about whether the situations look similar, it about the government performing an atrocious experiment on a specific group. One with a history of abuse. They have little trust in the government. You could say that they are getting the same vaccine, but they could say how do we know that for sure.

o

No really, you can trust me this time ...... I swear, I'm going to hold the ball in place for you.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (08-15-2021)
Old 08-15-2021, 05:34 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

No really, you can trust me this time ...... I swear, I'm going to hold the ball in place for you.

o
I am sorry, but things have changed. The doctors and health professionals have no reason to lie. Covid is killing humans of all races, sexes, and beliefs. And now the childhood fatality rate is climbing at an increasing rate. 623,000 dead Americans, and climbing. More than all combat dead of WW 2 and WW1.
Old 08-15-2021, 06:33 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post

I am sorry, but things have changed. The doctors and health professionals have no reason to lie. Covid is killing humans of all races, sexes, and beliefs. And now the childhood fatality rate is climbing at an increasing rate. 623,000 dead Americans, and climbing. More than all combat dead of WW 2 and WW1.

o

Things have changed. That doesn't necessarily alter the perception of the U.S. Government by Black Americans.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 08-15-2021, 06:44 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote:
Its not about whether the situations look similar, it about the govt performing an atrocious experiment on a specific group. One with a history of abuse. They have little trust in the govt. You could say they are getting the same vaccine, but they could say how do we know that for sure.
Really? Well, right now the only group of people who are getting hospitalizes and/ or DYING are UNVACCINATED.

Look at any infection graph and the number of infections started dropping at an increased rate when the vaccine was made available. Now, only those to stubborn or stupid will be hospitalized or die. Survival of the fittest, were intellect and reason give a group an advantage

Ron White: You cant fix stupid
Old 08-15-2021, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Let’s be clear who the “they” is. Are you referring to the black community in general? Then yes, I agree and understand why some may be skeptical. However if you are referring to multi-million dollar professional athletes then no, I don’t get it - even if they are also part of the black community.

I’ll ask you the same questions I did Racehorse:

1) do you think it’s a smart decision?
2) do you think it’s an informed decision?
3) do you think it helps his community? (Either of them, but especially the black community)

The answers for me are all easily “no”. There is no excuse for that, IMO, for a guy with the resources available to Leonard. I personally see no way a person of Leonard’s means could research it and come to the conclusion it’s best for his community to not get vaccinated (or that everyone else should but not him). Hell of a player, just not the kind of man I’d call a leader. Maybe he doesn’t want to be one in the community and that’s fine. Michael Jordan prioritized money over his community. I’m sure he doesn’t worry about what people like me think about that. I’m sure Leonard won’t either. I just wonder how many Colts fans will defend his reasons if it costs the Colts games.
Old 08-16-2021, 01:11 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Really? Well, right now the only group of people who are getting hospitalizes and/ or DYING are UNVACCINATED.

Look at any infection graph and the number of infections started dropping at an increased rate when the vaccine was made available. Now, only those to stubborn or stupid will be hospitalized or die. Survival of the fittest, were intellect and reason give a group an advantage

Ron White: You cant fix stupid
I’m in Florida right now. I am all too familiar with it. I’m not saying it’s right. But it’s a very different situation than the idiots running around who won’t get vaxed to own the libs.
Old 08-16-2021, 01:20 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Let’s be clear who the “they” is. Are you referring to the black community in general? Then yes, I agree and understand why some may be skeptical. However if you are referring to multi-million dollar professional athletes then no, I don’t get it - even if they are also part of the black community.

I’ll ask you the same questions I did Racehorse:

1) do you think it’s a smart decision?
2) do you think it’s an informed decision?
3) do you think it helps his community? (Either of them, but especially the black community)

The answers for me are all easily “no”. There is no excuse for that, IMO, for a guy with the resources available to Leonard. I personally see no way a person of Leonard’s means could research it and come to the conclusion it’s best for his community to not get vaccinated (or that everyone else should but not him). Hell of a player, just not the kind of man I’d call a leader. Maybe he doesn’t want to be one in the community and that’s fine. Michael Jordan prioritized money over his community. I’m sure he doesn’t worry about what people like me think about that. I’m sure Leonard won’t either. I just wonder how many Colts fans will defend his reasons if it costs the Colts games.
I’m talking about the black community. I don’t know Leonard’s specific motivations.

It doesn’t matter what my answers are. I’m not black nor an athlete. Education doesn’t seem to protect people from the propaganda. This group of doctors part of the frontline they call themselves are anti vax.