ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Who do you think will be the QB for 2022
Wentz 10 27.03%
Ehlinger 3 8.11%
Draft. Who and what round 2 5.41%
Wilson What are you trading 0 0%
Rogers What are you trading 0 0%
Watson What are you trading 1 2.70%
Tribusky 8 21.62%
Bridgewater 1 2.70%
Jimmy G What are you trading 3 8.11%
Other 9 24.32%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2022, 08:08 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
I get nervous seeing highly drafted QB's bouncing from team to team in short time spans. Despite what prognosticators are saying, there is a reason these guys can't take up roots somewhere. We are in QB purgatory and there are no can't miss prospects coming in the near future of the draft. This franchise has definitely been spoiled with QB's in its history. Some teams are lucky to have a once a generation talent, and the Colts have had 3, Unitas, Manning and Luck. Would have had 4 had Bert Jones not get hit with injuries.
I get what you are saying. From where I sit, Turbisky had trouble playing on a screwed up team. In Buffalo, he was productive. He may not have too many bad habits to be coached out of him. If you hit with him, looking is over. Miss with him, well back to the drawing board. Grappalo et al will need to be replaced in 2 years, and they are back on this treadmill.

Turbisky at least has a shot at a future. Get some “old” guy, they are back on the future Qb merry go round.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (03-12-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 08:50 PM

Thanked 4,434 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
I've only seen a couple guys bring up Matt Ryan. I don't follow ATL much so I don't know where they're at as a team other than four straight losing seasons. I just read they dropped Ryan's cap hit down to $37m. That's still a motherfucker but I think it gives them $15m or so of space.

He'll be 37. Anybody know if there's word on how much longer he wants to play? Going by Ballard's talk about being tired of "band-aids", I assume Ryan must be lower on the list.

He always has good stats, but the team doesn't win much. Only two winning seasons in the past 9 (I don't know how much of that is him). Even his stats took a hit this year. An extra game and he didn't crack 4000yds and barely hit 20tds. Anybody have some insight?
My son and I were talking about him, and he says his arm is dead.

Last edited by Racehorse; 03-12-2022 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-12-2022, 10:00 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,141 Times in 647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
I would take Minshew over most on that list. I would take Armstead any fucking day of the week over any QB on the list. Hell the line getting back to it once was with a stud LT and it won't matter a lot who is back there throwing it, he will have time to read a book.
That’s where I’m at with it at this point if a high price QB cost us Armstead fuck it I’d rather have Armstead with Winston, trubisky, or Minshew as opposed to

Garapolo, cousin, any other high price vet with Fischer or some average LT

That’s if Armstead even wants to play here
Old 03-12-2022, 10:45 PM

Thanked 1,126 Times in 626 Posts

Bite the bullet & go with Ehlinger & look to the 2023 draft. No trading picks for some reclamation project.
Old 03-13-2022, 09:45 AM

Thanked 1,346 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post
Bite the bullet & go with Ehlinger & look to the 2023 draft. No trading picks for some reclamation project.
The problem is that unless we land the next Mahomes/Burrow/Herbert then we're looking at best case being competitive in ~'25 which will waste the prime years of our top players.

Although in the long run if we do end up landing a franchise QB in '23 then it's probably worth it. And replacing Wentz's production in the 2nd half of the season shouldn't be too difficult, so maybe Ehlinger is up to the task.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Brylok (03-13-2022), Dewey 5 (03-13-2022)
Old 03-13-2022, 09:59 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
The problem is that unless we land the next Mahomes/Burrow/Herbert then we're looking at best case being competitive in ~'25 which will waste the prime years of our top players.

Although in the long run if we do end up landing a franchise QB in '23 then it's probably worth it. And replacing Wentz's production in the 2nd half of the season shouldn't be too difficult, so maybe Ehlinger is up to the task.
Alright fuck it….

Get Armstead and sign Mariota he’s only 28 and I’m sure he’d love to kick the Titans ass twice a year. Reich may have to get creative with the offense but who cares
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (03-13-2022)
Old 03-13-2022, 10:59 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,038 Times in 1,864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
..and replacing Wentz's production in the 2nd half of the season shouldn't be too difficult, so maybe Ehlinger is up to the task.
That's one way to get the #1 pick. I'd be stunned if Ehlinger won one game as a starter. I've also seen reports that no QB in the upcoming draft is even worthy of a first round pick. I think we're screwed.
Old 03-13-2022, 10:59 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Alright fuck it….

Get Armstead and sign Mariota he’s only 28 and I’m sure he’d love to kick the Titans ass twice a year. Reich may have to get creative with the offense but who cares
If Reich could play call any Qb into a MVP we would still have Wentz. Mariota cant beat out Ryan Tannehill.

Go get Turbisky. All it will cost is money. No draft picks, no trading talent away. If it works, great. If it fails you are are still out on lost talent and lost draft picks
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (03-13-2022)
Old 03-13-2022, 11:13 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
If Reich could play call any Qb into a MVP we would still have Wentz. Mariota cant beat out Ryan Tannehill.

Go get Turbisky. All it will cost is money. No draft picks, no trading talent away. If it works, great. If it fails you are are still out on lost talent and lost draft picks
Trubisky is going to the Giants with the Bills OC

I like the familiarity angle, Mariota was nearly ruined by the Titans they changed coaches and OC for like his first 4 years then gets the axe because of Tannehill

Now he’s been in the AFC west for 2 years so he’s familiar with that division as well

He’s still a hell of a threat with his legs, he stayed ready didn’t complain at any point in his career

Played with Buckner at Oregon
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (03-13-2022)
Old 03-13-2022, 11:28 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Trubisky is going to the Giants with the Bills OC

I like the familiarity angle, Mariota was nearly ruined by the Titans they changed coaches and OC for like his first 4 years then gets the axe because of Tannehill

Now he’s been in the AFC west for 2 years so he’s familiar with that division as well

He’s still a hell of a threat with his legs, he stayed ready didn’t complain at any point in his career

Played with Buckner at Oregon
Has he signed a contract? Would he rather play behind our line with Taylor or the Giants line?