ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-03-2018, 12:25 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Simon is not an all pro. He has 15 sacks in his entire career. IF you keep Simon, the young guys will get less playing time. Less practice time. Simon is a known quantity and these young guys much have more ability, but less experience. It's not baseball, where guys have the minor leagues to learn. Its a much shorter clock for a career. You can't teach athletic ability and youth. They kept the talent.
I don't disagree and think that's the way to run a team myself. So the question remains: why have Simon eating up all these camp and preseason reps if the final outcome is predetermined?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
Indiana V2 (09-03-2018), smitty46953 (09-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 03:08 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
I don't disagree and think that's the way to run a team myself. So the question remains: why have Simon eating up all these camp and preseason reps if the final outcome is predetermined?
Probably just to see if they could get a bite on him at all- definitely seemed like that was the case when he was playing so late in these meaningless pre-season charades...
Old 09-03-2018, 03:54 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
the NEW coaching staff needed to see what they needed to see. It's not a science. It's an art and that takes more time and what you feel in your heart, not what is on paper
Old 09-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
I think we heard that before, oh yeah, TJ Green.

It's not about Simon, btw. It's about Ballard and his staff not following through on how he preached this team would be ran.
You can't run a team without a VISION and a MISSION. The VISION is where you want to be. The MISSION is how you get there. And sometimes, good people will be let go, because they won't have enough TIME to get you to the GOAL.

The NFL is the most merciless buisness. How many guys get to play 10 years? IF the NFL was a democracy, then Manning never would have left. It's not. It's about what can you do for me now AND in the next 3 years.

It blows. It's cruel. It's unfair. And we the fans cheer every Sunday.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:28 PM

Thanked 4,300 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I’ll give Ballard credit for cutting Howard. He’s also cut his two most productive free agent signings though so we shouldn’t be that impressed. However you slice it his record in free agency isn’t good. But yes he will move on from a free agent acquisition pretty damn quick - even if productive unfortunately.

For all his talk about it not being all about Luck the only thing keeping this roster from a top 3 pick again next year is Andrew Luck. No one is expecting Ballard to be perfect in free agency or the draft. But when you’ve had the resources available that Ballard has had over the last two years (draft picks and salary space) I certainly think it’s fair to criticize the state of the current roster. You can defend any individual mistake as “it happens to all GMs, nobody gets them all right.” And it would be accurate. However, when I look at the roster as a whole I’m not impressed with what Ballard has done with the resources available.
Ballard gets credit for cutting a shitty player he paid to start? That makes no sense
Old 09-03-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Everyone is blaming Ballard. But really isn’t this the DC’s call? He determines who he wants to play. I’m sure Ballard has a say, but if the DC is not fighting for him, or maybe against him. Ultimately that’s the guy they have to convince.
The gm takes the blame.

Grigson got all the blame
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-03-2018), JAFF (09-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 04:36 PM
Post whore

Anyone who thinks this will get fixed by this year is dreaming
Old 09-03-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Anyone who thinks this will get fixed by this year is dreaming
I think people just expect Ballard to improve the team. This team looks to me to be one of the worst colts rosters I have ever seen. At least since 2000
Old 09-03-2018, 04:53 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
You can't run a team without a VISION and a MISSION. The VISION is where you want to be. The MISSION is how you get there. And sometimes, good people will be let go, because they won't have enough TIME to get you to the GOAL.

The NFL is the most merciless buisness. How many guys get to play 10 years? IF the NFL was a democracy, then Manning never would have left. It's not. It's about what can you do for me now AND in the next 3 years.

It blows. It's cruel. It's unfair. And we the fans cheer every Sunday.
You mean the VISION to take project players in the draft when there are starting quality players available? What great VISION!
The Following User Says Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
DragonTails (09-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Ballard gets credit for cutting a shitty player he paid to start? That makes no sense
I was responding to Chakas argument that Ballard took a cheap flyer on Howard who most thought would be a serviceable player. And that once it was realized Howard sucked, Ballard didn’t compound the issue by keeping him. His minimal FA signing history still sucks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
JAFF (09-03-2018), sherck (09-04-2018)