ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-28-2018, 11:21 AM

Thanked 3,102 Times in 1,636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Ballard has a plan

Ballard has a plan

Ballard has a plan
Every GM has a plan. Let's hope his doesn't end in termination. I am hopeful and like I said like some things he has done. I also hope he doesn't waste too many years of Lucks. They will eventually run out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 11:28 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Check out the prediction thread. People thought this team would be 7-10 win range. Exactly where we will end up. So no, this isn’t surprising to anyone. And let’s stop pretending this is a great roster. It isn’t. Look at the teams we are playing. They aren’t that good.

Polian has issues at the dt spot year after year he couldn’t fix through the draft. He signed his own free agents to hefty deals. He couldn’t draft well enough to put together complete teams.

You go all in to win. That doesn’t mean you can’t also plan for the future. I am not calling for a max spend every year. Guys like Mitchell and Inman are a perfect example of guys I am talking about. They vastly improved our depth at least. Both should be starters. They aren’t impeding anyone’s progress.
Okay, let's play this out, but you have to look at it as though it were July 2018. You cannot use the time since then in your argument.

In July 2018, you had these players rostered at those positions:

WR:
Hilton
Grant
Rogers
Cain
Fountain

Safety:
Hooker
Geathers
Farley

At WR, I'll acknowledge an argument that Inman might be a slight upgrade to Grant/Rogers, but I don't think that was obvious at the time. I would have been against adding Inman at the time because he would take reps away from the rookies, particularly Cain. At that point, you would be adding Inman primarily in a ST role, which he doesn't fit.

At safety, it's a similar situation. Your argument amounts to advocating that they should have cut Farley and replaced him with Mitchell.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck View Post
Every GM has a plan. Let's hope his doesn't end in termination. I am hopeful and like I said like some things he has done. I also hope he doesn't waste too many years of Lucks. They will eventually run out.
How is this year a waste? What do you think the ceiling was even if they used up all available cap space?
Old 11-28-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
How is this year a waste? What do you think the ceiling was even if they used up all available cap space?
Please read.... I said I hope he doesn't waste too many years... I didnt say "This year is a waste"

If he makes the right moves next season great.. if not he is wasting Luck.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:38 AM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Okay, let's play this out, but you have to look at it as though it were July 2018. You cannot use the time since then in your argument.

In July 2018, you had these players rostered at those positions:

WR:
Hilton
Grant
Rogers
Cain
Fountain

Safety:
Hooker
Geathers
Farley

At WR, I'll acknowledge an argument that Inman might be a slight upgrade to Grant/Rogers, but I don't think that was obvious at the time. I would have been against adding Inman at the time because he would take reps away from the rookies, particularly Cain. At that point, you would be adding Inman primarily in a ST role, which he doesn't fit.

At safety, it's a similar situation. Your argument amounts to advocating that they should have cut Farley and replaced him with Mitchell.
Grant and Rogers aren’t better than Inman. And Mitchell might be the best safety on our roster.

People are paid well to know this. The point is, there were better players on the street that we could have added to make this team better. And they weren’t that pricey.
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Colt Classic (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Please read.... I said I hope he doesn't waste too many years... I didnt say "This year is a waste"

If he makes the right moves next season great.. if not he is wasting Luck.
If he doesn't make the right moves next year, will Ballard have wasted "years" of Luck?
Old 11-28-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
If he doesn't make the right moves next year, will Ballard have wasted "years" of Luck?
Technically 3 years of Luck gone at that point. 3 years to build something around him so yes!
Old 11-28-2018, 11:53 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

As a fan I’m really enjoying this year so to me it’s not a waste. Plus it’s great that we get to actually have meaningful discussion about our roster, something we never did last year. It’s a hell of a lot more fun than waiting for the freakin draft
Old 11-28-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Grant and Rogers aren’t better than Inman. And Mitchell might be the best safety on our roster.

People are paid well to know this. The point is, there were better players on the street that we could have added to make this team better. And they weren’t that pricey.
And I still say it doesn't matter. Inman's and Mitchell's aren't making the Colts a Super Bowl contender this year.

Honestly, what is the goal you're working against with all of these critiques?
Old 11-28-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Technically 3 years of Luck gone at that point. 3 years to build something around him so yes!
Thus, you are saying that 2018 is a waste.