ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-11-2017, 01:06 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing him come back "home" to Indiana...even if he was on the other side of the Hank Baskett game
Old 04-11-2017, 01:20 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,039 Times in 1,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing him come back "home" to Indiana...even if he was on the other side of the Hank Baskett game
That name should never be mentioned on this forum.
Dam8610 (04-11-2017), Racehorse (04-12-2017)
Old 04-11-2017, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Field Yates‏Verified account @FieldYates 1h1 hour ago

Source: DT Johnathan Hankins visited the Colts today. Arguably the top free agent still available.
sherck (04-11-2017)
Old 04-11-2017, 07:01 PM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post

Source: DT Johnathan Hankins visited the Colts today. Arguably the top free agent still available.
So, would this be the "big" free agent signing some on here crave?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2017, 07:12 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

He would help solidify the line.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:31 PM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post

Does he project as a NT in the Colts 3-4? Regardless he is young and talented, has long as it is a smart contract like we have seen the Colts write the last 5 years, then I am all for it.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
So, would this be the "big" free agent signing some on here crave?

He is a rather large human being ...
sherck (04-11-2017)
Old 04-11-2017, 08:50 PM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Does he project as a NT in the Colts 3-4? Regardless he is young and talented, has long as it is a smart contract like we have seen the Colts write the last 5 years, then I am all for it.
His college draft profile projected him to either a 4-3 or 3-4 NT defense.

The big question will be if he wants to stay in a 1-gap shooting system or av2-gap clogging defense. The glory is much different for the NT spot.

Cheers,

The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Butter (04-12-2017)
Old 04-11-2017, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
His college draft profile projected him to either a 4-3 or 3-4 NT defense.

The big question will be if he wants to stay in a 1-gap shooting system or av2-gap clogging defense. The glory is much different for the NT spot.

Cheers,

I was just looking that up ...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...ins?id=2540147

Overview

Similar to Vernon Gholston a few years back, Hankins was a three-star high school recruit out of Michigan who the Buckeyes lured to Columbus. His size, power, and athleticism made him a two-time all-state pick at Southeastern High School, but his hustle in combination with those physical attributes is what gives him a chance to be a first round prospect in much the same way Dan “Big Daddy” Wilkinson was with the Buckeyes before he became the last defensive tackle selected No. 1 overall by the Cincinnati Bengals in 1994.

Ohio State coaches liked what they saw from “Big Hank” as a true freshman in 2010 (16 tackles, 1.5 for loss) so much that they played him in every game and named him the team’s most outstanding first-year defender. As a sophomore, he was the Buckeyes’ most outstanding defensive player and earned honorable mention All-Big Ten honors (by coaches and media) after making 68 stops, 11 for loss and three sacks. Hankins still decided to slim down a bit after the 2011 season to add increased stamina and quickness. He started all 12 games for the Buckeyes as a junior again and earned First Team All-Big Ten honors with 55 tackles, 4 for loss and one sack. Knowing his combination of size, strength and quickness would be attractive at the next level, Hankins decided to skip his senior year in Columbus and go pro.

Analysis

Strengths Nice job against the run, tracking the play with his eyes and using his body to force the issue. Taller nose tackle prospect with thick upper body and extra girth in the middle. Plays all over the line, often outside the tackle despite his build because of his rare agility. Extends to shrug off blocks and uses his hands to bully blockers, controlling the POA and setting the edge when playing outside. Has extremely strong hands to secure tackles and finish plays once he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Comes off the ball hard and quick for his size, will win a gap and blow up plays in the backfield if linemen don’t get to the reach-block. Drives back NFL-caliber guards into the backfield and holds up doubles, does not give ground even against better players. Works down the line to get to ballcarriers while engaged, and hustles downfield and to the sideline if needed. Three-down player, on the field for a lot of snaps considering his bulk.

Weaknesses Lacks the burst to be an elite pass rusher, though he can make quarterbacks uncomfortable in the pocket. Can play with high pads, giving better linemen a chance to stand him up. Relies too much on his upper body strength at times and needs to play with consistent leverage. He uses his body too much and needs to consistently utilize his hands and limbs. Must keep his weight under control to maximize his athleticism, and make sure he doesn’t lose his strength and hustle at the end of games. He tends to wear down throughout the course of a game, looking fatigued and noticeably taking plays off. Hankins battled a minor knee sprain the past two seasons, wearing a brace much of the time.

NFL Comparison Terrance Knighton

Bottom Line Hankins, who carried the nickname “Big John” or “Big Hank” around Ohio State’s campus, is a load to handle on the defensive line with flashes of impressive fluidity and coordination skills for a big man. He played all over the defense line in college, lining up both outside at DE and inside at DT. Hankins rarely left the field and his coaches talk positively about his football character, but he often looked fatigued and worn down throughout games, meaning his snaps (and weight) will need to be monitored at the next level. Hankins has a rare combination of size, strength and foot quickness for a defensive lineman to be a force against both the run and the pass. Although he only looks half-speed at times when his tank isn’t full, Hankins can tear through blocks like paper –- a potential top-12 pick with the versatility to line up as a traditional 3-technique DT in a four-man front or an effective two-gapping 0-technique NT for a 3-4 defense.
Butter (04-12-2017)
Old 04-11-2017, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
He is a rather large human being ...
Bout my size actually, where do i sign ???