ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-14-2021, 07:35 PM

Thanked 2,274 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I am not sure I can watch next weeks game. I dont know how the colts pulled this out of their ass
The Jags are very good defensively. Think about it Wentz played better against them than Josh Allen did and Josh Allen is considered as top 5 QB.

Nothing came easy, but I prefer it that way, because it will further toughen our offense.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-15-2021), Spike (11-14-2021)
Old 11-14-2021, 08:18 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
The Jags are very good defensively. Think about it Wentz played better against them than Josh Allen did and Josh Allen is considered as top 5 QB.

Nothing came easy, but I prefer it that way, because it will further toughen our offense.
Wentz processes things to slowly. They need to go no huddle to keep the opposing d from fun and games, or give him fewer options
Old 11-14-2021, 09:28 PM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
I am not sure I can watch next weeks game. I dont know how the colts pulled this out of their ass
B/c we made a huge ST play and Lawrence was really bad today. He made some plays with his legs, but he missed a ton of open receivers.
Old 11-14-2021, 09:36 PM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:

If you look at their entire season Jax holding Buffalo was probably more likely due to Buffalo not taking Jax seriously and/or shitting the bed on the road. Jax is ranked 27th in scoring D at 25.8 ppg and 20th in yardage D at 366 ypg. Shit, Seattle with Geno Smith at QB dropped 31 on them the week before the Buffalo game.
Old 11-14-2021, 10:15 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
If you look at their entire season Jax holding Buffalo was probably more likely due to Buffalo not taking Jax seriously and/or shitting the bed on the road. Jax is ranked 27th in scoring D at 25.8 ppg and 20th in yardage D at 366 ypg. Shit, Seattle with Geno Smith at QB dropped 31 on them the week before the Buffalo game.
This team is perpetually flawed at the coaching position(s) and isn't winning jack with these guys in charge. We have a lot of talent, we have some serious super stars, we have the goods to win any game we play. We have a high school JV level coaching staff.

Killing them on the ground, they have ZERO chance of stopping us. We get that holding penalty on I think it was Glow on the long run from JT, and Reich immediately switches gears and we start trying to throw the ball around with basically no success. Was it the first poss of the 2nd Qtr where I think we ran on 1st for 5, and then went incomplete twice in a row for a punt after? If I recall that's when all the mo' just evaporated- dude is a buzz kill as a coach. I really believe he has a problem with not getting chunk plays when expected and just starts deviating from plan trying to find a way to get 30,50, etc... when 4-6 is essentially there every play with this line. Then OF course, of freakin' course, on the goal line he has to be the crafty guy that brings in the 2nd QB and put the real QB out wide. Sooooo tricky! Then of course there is the final off possession for the Colts where the smart play would have been to run it and force them to use their TO's at the minimum, nope not super brainiac Frank, he would "fool" them with the passes instead of running; and we damn near lost as a result! Dude is a genius!

But, that said, the more horrible coach is Ebersuck. As you note, there were a lot of completions left on the field by Lawrence- lot of dudes with space and he just couldn't hit them. The worst of all though, and I admittedly was driving and couldn't watch the final drive, but listening to Venturi, it sounded as though Ebersuck was playing an even softer zone than his ever famous soft serve crap. Venturi was trying to detail that they had two TO's (thanks to Frank being the idiot he is) and that letting them catch and be tackled in bounds isn't doing anything. Further he was livid talking about how these little underneath passes were seeing 8-9, 10 yard gains because the zone was so deep there was no one around the receiver at catch, and how they weren't even doing that in the 1st half, but now, trying to prevent a touch down which would win the game, they were willingly letting them have huge chunks of yards.

In the end, it seems like there is a ton of "contrarian" psychology in this administration. Some times you just have to line up and play smart physical football, these guys really struggle with that basic concept.

Obviously we got the pivotal TO to seal it, and Venturi was astute in calling out how ridiculous it is to basically "PLAN" on getting these TO's vs just playing defense designed to stop someone. So, take the win and move on, but this team is playing from behind from the kick off because of the Reich regime.
Old 11-14-2021, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Wentz processes things to slowly. They need to go no huddle to keep the opposing d from fun and games, or give him fewer options
I disagree about Wentz processing slowly. Its more of a fact that our WR's can't win their matchup early in the route. Pittman can. I'm not sure about TY, because we haven't seen enough of him. But Dulin and Pascal can't unless Frank schemes something up for them.
Old 11-15-2021, 01:28 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,283 Times in 2,025 Posts

Quote:

Wentz processes things to slowly. They need to go no huddle to keep the opposing d from fun and games, or give him fewer options.

Quote:

I disagree about Wentz processing slowly. It's more of a fact that our WR's can't win their matchup early in the route. Pittman can. I'm not sure about TY, because we haven't seen enough of him. But Dulin and Pascal can't unless Frank schemes something up for them.

o

I remember when Daryle Lamonica, Ken Stabler, and Jim Plunkett had all day behind the offensive line of the Oakland Raiders that was blocking for them ...... their processing ability was just fine.

On the other end of the spectrum, I remember when Peyton Manning barely had time to blink when the Broncos played the Seahawks in the Super Bowl ...... his processing ability was awful that day.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Spike (11-15-2021), TheMugwump (11-16-2021)
Old 11-15-2021, 02:06 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
I disagree about Wentz processing slowly. Its more of a fact that our WR's can't win their matchup early in the route. Pittman can. I'm not sure about TY, because we haven't seen enough of him. But Dulin and Pascal can't unless Frank schemes something up for them.
Add in the fact that the O-line didn't pass block worth a shit and it is easy to blame Wentz. Thank God Wentz has mobility or we would really be screwed. I will say that with the 2 main options the Colts had, they chose Wentz over Darnold and that was easily a win, Darnold is garbage.
Colts And Orioles (11-15-2021), Luck4Reich (11-15-2021)
Old 11-15-2021, 03:32 PM

I will say though, that the 15 yard catch by Granson was a thing of beauty. The route he ran was so Dallas Clark like.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (11-15-2021), Racehorse (11-15-2021)
Old 11-15-2021, 05:13 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Pittman is getting open 10th most in the league against man coverage. That is 50% of his routes. And against press coverage he gets open the most in the league at 46.9%
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
apballin (11-15-2021), Colts And Orioles (11-15-2021), omahacolt (11-17-2021), Racehorse (11-15-2021), YDFL Commish (11-15-2021)