ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-02-2019, 11:30 PM
Post whore

Bell.
Oldcolt (01-02-2019), sherck (01-03-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 11:32 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

It will be interesting what Ballard does. I’d like to see Bell, but I think Ballard has a specific plan in mind for building a team. I gotta trust the guy after the year he’s given me. I’m just a happy fool that we are playing football in January
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Pez (01-02-2019), sherck (01-03-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Also, read that Bell is on the Texans radar. Would guys be ok passing on him and seeing him sign with the Texans?
I would be delighted if any of our AFC South competitors burned $17-$20M of their cap space for each of the next 4-5 years on this guy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
Butter (01-02-2019), Pez (01-02-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 11:37 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I would be delighted if any of our AFC South competitors burned $17-$20M of their cap space for each of the next 4-5 years on this guy.
Not sure about afc south, but wouldn't mind him playing for the chargers or jets or something. I honestly hope the Steelers play some sort of franchise or transition trickery and force him to play for the Steelers or sit out another year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 01-03-2019, 02:54 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Only if he is ineffective and doesn't live up to the contract.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:45 AM

Thanked 2,274 Times in 1,225 Posts

I don't want any of the prima dona former Steelers, who have been coached and spoiled by one of the least disciplined coaches in the NFL.

There is no way they walk in and buy into a culture of accountability. They've never had to.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:33 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with the Steelers, but these are two of their best players, and actually, among the best players in the NFL and they want out. Great players, but not worth long term, large contracts.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:01 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I don't want any of the prima dona former Steelers, who have been coached and spoiled by one of the least disciplined coaches in the NFL.

There is no way they walk in and buy into a culture of accountability. They've never had to.
I'm not so sure that Bell is a prima dona. He wants to work on a contract that is just not year to year. So would you if your job could be done, along with your ability to make money for you and your family's future, with one move at work. Can you show me one example of Bell not being accountable. He held out. BFD. That is the only thing a professional athlete can do to get paid. The Steelers were looking out for the Steelers financially and are home drinking eggnog today. If they paid Bell what he is worth, I'm betting they'd be playing this weekend. The guy is a stud on the field. The best runner, blocker and pass receiver in free agency this year. He would be huge in this offense. Kick those tires Ballard
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
rcubed (01-03-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 11:47 AM

Thanked 1,572 Times in 893 Posts

Given the choice between Bell and Antonio Brown, I'd take Brown.

He is one of the three most talented WR in the game today. Can you imagine having him on one side, TY on the other, and Ebron running free down the slot? With that type of receiver corp, along with the revamped O-line, Mack and the boys would be running against nickel packages all day long and the Colts offense would be at the top of the league alongside the Chiefs.

And I don't buy into either Brown or Bell being an issue in that locker room. The issues there are Rape-lissburger and Tomlin.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post
Given the choice between Bell and Antonio Brown, I'd take Brown.

He is one of the three most talented WR in the game today. Can you imagine having him on one side, TY on the other, and Ebron running free down the slot? With that type of receiver corp, along with the revamped O-line, Mack and the boys would be running against nickel packages all day long and the Colts offense would be at the top of the league alongside the Chiefs.

And I don't buy into either Brown or Bell being an issue in that locker room. The issues there are Rape-lissburger and Tomlin.
Brown is 30 years old and scheduled to make roughly $20M per year for the next three years. So there's that.

Also, to me, given his recent history with the Steelers, he's more of a potential disruptive influence on team culture - though admittedly none of us know the full story on that stuff at the moment (this morning I read that his outbursts may have been triggered by JuJu Smith-Schuster getting voted team MVP - if so, wow, no thanks).

Lastly, while the dream pairings like you mention (Hilton, Brown, Ebron) always sound great in theory, they ever seem to work out like that in the real world for some reason.