ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-22-2018, 01:03 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
its also rumored that BUF will trade to #2 for a QB and giants will use all the picks to bolster team for Eli's last years.
Eli is 37 and was never elite like his brother or Favre. He's at the age where QBs fall off a cliff. I doubt the Giants are dumb enough to not take their chance to get a QB.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:10 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Eli is 37 and was never elite like his brother or Favre. He's at the age where QBs fall off a cliff. I doubt the Giants are dumb enough to not take their chance to get a QB.
one would think... hopefully they go QB and we get chubb.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:36 PM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

Free agents that I hope the Colts are still targeting

OT Cameron Flemming, NE: Good golly, I have no idea why he is not already a Colt. Perhaps management does not think he is any better than Good or Haeg (or whomever they can draft early in the 2nd round of the draft) but another body of similar quality would always be a good thing to have! I would take someone on par with Haeg’s quality for competition and depth! Although, I think he is a cut above Haeg and Good and could be a long-term starter at right OT. I wish the Colts would sign him.

DE Kony Ealy, NYJ: Complementary player who would help in a rotation of Sheard, Basham, Autry and whoever we are going to draft at DE. More of a DE on running downs and sliding inside for pass rush on passing downs (just like Autry). We need bodies and he has some skills.

MLB Kevin Minter, CIN: Only okay. Has not been great but adds some veteran depth to a position group that has nothing at it. Struggles but could be stop-gap for a 2018 rookie or 2019 rookie to develop.

WSLB Gerald Hodges, NO: See Minter above. Rounds out a starting LB group of Simon / Minter / Hodges which is light-years better than a position group of Simon / Morrison / Walker or George which is what we are currently looking at.

CB E.J. Gains, BUF: Injury prone and not very durable but when healthy, he is a CB1/2 who can man the outside well. Only 26 years old, he can become the veteran mentor to a VERY young CB group.

CB Darqueze Dennard, CIN: Played well last season for perhaps the first time in his career when on the 5th season option for the Bungles. Is he on the upswing or was it a “cash-in” season? It will not cost the Colts much to find out at this point in free agency.

CB Ross Cockrell, NYG: Not probably any better than average but we could use a veteran like Gains, Dennard or Cockrell in the position group to give veteran presence.

FS Kenny Vaccaro, NO: While I like the concept of Hooker and either Geathers/Farley starting, there is still room for a 4th body in the mix. He does a good job covering the slot as well as playing center field. Again, injury is his biggest knock.

FS Eric Reid, SF: Sensing a trend? Talented but injury prone. Our secondary needs some veteran presence and either Vaccaro or Reid could add it to the safety position group.

There are not many other offensive specialty positions out there that I am excited about. Granted, some interesting guys will be cut prior to regular season but of who is on the market now, it is almost all defense besides my boy Cameron Flemming.

Walk Worthy,
Old 03-22-2018, 02:21 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Fleming would make me feel better about the OL, I am surprised he's still available.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:44 PM

To me Fleming is nothing more than a reserve lineman who can fill in for a few games to a reasonable level, but we have quite a few of those already in the building, namely Good, Clark and Haeg. We need upgrades, not more of the same. We have missed the boat in free agency and looks like we will be all in on drafting lineman early to overhaul the offensive line which i am absolutely fine with doing.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:22 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I think the Giants would be crazy to pass on a QB. Eli Manning is 37 and hasn't played consistently well in years.
Maybe they don't like the QB's that are in this year's draft. If they don't think those guys are worth picking that high, then taking Chubb would make sense for them.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:17 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
Maybe they don't like the QB's that are in this year's draft. If they don't think those guys are worth picking that high, then taking Chubb would make sense for them.
This class is the best since the class of 83. Eli is 37. They HAVE to take a QB. Their owner should fire their GM on the spot if he doesn't.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:53 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
This class is the best since the class of 83. Eli is 37. They HAVE to take a QB. Their owner should fire their GM on the spot if he doesn't.
Is it? I didn't watch hardly any college football this year. If that's the case, then yes, you would think they have to take a QB.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:03 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
Is it? I didn't watch hardly any college football this year. If that's the case, then yes, you would think they have to take a QB.
There are six QBs that could go first round. I believe 4 QBs will go Top 5. (Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield for the record)
Old 03-22-2018, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Dolphins signed RB Frank Gore to a one-year contract.
Spike (03-22-2018)