ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-03-2022, 06:30 AM

Thanked 4,422 Times in 2,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
they can’t beat Tennessee.
This is what pisses me off about yesterday. The second half proved that we can beat them. WE just wait until after halftime to demolish them. They got about 25 yards from scrimmage after the half. Where was that in the first half? We play like that in the first, and they roll over. Are you hearing me, Frank?
ChoppedWood (10-03-2022), CletusPyle (10-03-2022), Spike (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 07:04 AM

On the long pass to Pierce, I was surprised by how under thrown the pass was. Pierce was behind the defender and to me the pass needed to be 10 to 15 yards further downfield. Ryan actually wound up and threw the pass with everything he had and was still way too short. The only reason it worked was that Pierce saw it and the defender did not. I don't want to judge Ryan's arm on just this one pass, but I'm getting the impression that the reason we don't go deep is that Ryan doesn't have the needed arm strength.
CletusPyle (10-03-2022), Racehorse (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 07:42 AM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
On the long pass to Pierce, I was surprised by how under thrown the pass was. Pierce was behind the defender and to me the pass needed to be 10 to 15 yards further downfield. Ryan actually wound up and threw the pass with everything he had and was still way too short. The only reason it worked was that Pierce saw it and the defender did not. I don't want to judge Ryan's arm on just this one pass, but I'm getting the impression that the reason we don't go deep is that Ryan doesn't have the needed arm strength.
Yeah that was pretty alarming even though it was a long catch.
Old 10-03-2022, 08:43 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

This has been a steady decline over more than a year. We have small upticks where we look like a decent team but those seem just to be teases so they can break your fucking heart the next week. These are professional football players who a third of the way thru a season cannot pick up a stunt or run block for shit. This team is getting worse not better and like i said it has been going on for over a year. The fantasy island that some of us live on where just a little tweak to the mental side of things and we are on the road to being relevant again is nice but not real. These players stink, they keep showing us year after year that they lack the internal fortitude to compete but we don’t want to believe what they are telling us with their play. Instead we are buying their lame excuses. All they have for us is talk. Wish they would shut up and just execute on the field but that ain’t ever going to happen with this bunch of shitheads.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Mr. Session (10-03-2022), Spike (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 09:28 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
This is what pisses me off about yesterday. The second half proved that we can beat them. WE just wait until after halftime to demolish them. They got about 25 yards from scrimmage after the half. Where was that in the first half? We play like that in the first, and they roll over. Are you hearing me, Frank?
Racehorse, every game has a what if we did this better we would have won. Crappy teams are like that, they find a way to lose. We are a crappy team. We are not going to clean this up, we are getting worse not better. And if we clean one thing up it will be another issue that raises its head, it always is with this group. When teams are consistently moving in the wrong direction game after game, year after year the core is rotten. I think that is where we find ourselves. If this was the first time it had happened I would be all on board that we an turn it around. It isn’t the first time by a long shot. I have a hard time believing that this team has any belief in itself or the coaches. They have been down this road to many times and have been complete failures to many times in their attempts at sustaining any form of excellence. I root for a team that is complete shit. It has taken me two years of declining play to get here but here I am.

Sorry about two rants in a row. I am just so frustrated and pissed. Not meaning to take it out on your Freaks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 10:11 AM

The Colts have a shitload of money tied up in the OL, and now that they are being paid, they have relaxed and are not performing. Even Nelson looked like shit yesterday.

Last edited by albany ed; 10-03-2022 at 11:43 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to albany ed For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (10-03-2022), Oldcolt (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post

Sorry about two rants in a row. I am just so frustrated and pissed. Not meaning to take it out on your Freaks.
We are all with you brother.

This is insane.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 11:52 AM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
There is little question this team has sufficient talent to compete at the highest level.

They is also little question that they are not being properly motivated to do so and it has become acceptable to suck. I thought Caldwell as a cardboard cut out, Frank may be the pulp used to create the cardboard. Dude has NO gravitas on that sideline, he does nothing to prove that he can inspire this squad, he brings ZERO to this team and there is ZERO reason for him to continue at the helm- ZERO!
Old 10-03-2022, 11:55 AM

There are none or not many RBs faster than JT. Yet, we never seem to see any outside runs. I just think it would loosen up the middle where he really had been effective last year.
Racehorse (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 12:43 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

I am done with this coaching staff, we need a new one next year. I am fine with ballard for now but he needs to adjust some, which he probably wont.