ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-16-2020, 09:10 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I see it as a moot point. Retiring hurt the Colts, but only if he was healthy and he could play. But he wasn’t healthy anymore and wasn’t playing, just eating up cap space and gobs of potential. I think fans are mostly missing what could have been, not what it really was.
That makes it a moo point. Its a cows opinion, its MOO
Old 10-17-2020, 09:27 AM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
When would the best time be?

He rehabbed all off season through preseason and he wasnt getting better. Should he stay, play like crap or stay and take up a roster spot, and not play all season because he couldnt?

He was an athlete his whole life and now he wasnt. He couldnt be what he had been.

My career is in my head, and short of some unforeseen event, I’ll get to retirement. I will have 36 years in my profession. A long time. Luck played 6 years missing one year due to injury. A lifetime for some in football. I never faced losing my job due to physical injury. He faced it every game. In his 30’s he is forced out of something he loves, and now must reinvent himself.

Its a game. A violent, brutal game. Would people prefer he went out like Junior Seau?
A big reason that fans are still frustrated with Luck's decision is that we don't know how severe of an injury he actually had. Luck's entitled to his privacy, but not announcing what his injury actually was when he retired left things a mystery. If he truly only had a mild calf strain and retired over a high ankle sprain, then he played the Colts to get his $12M roster bonus and deserves the criticism. If he had something much more severe like say a partially torn achilles, where the thought/hope was that it would heal over the offseason through rest and rehab but didn't and would require season ending surgery and a ~year's worth of rehab, then the timing is much more understandable.

Another frustrating thing is the irony that the OL allowed the fewest sacks in the league and Luck was hit the fewest times in his career during his final year. He finally had a good OL and a competent FO and coaching staff that would make sure he had the protection he should have had all along.....

Anyway, it's water under the bridge. Just sucks that the team is stuck in QB purgatory.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Brylok (10-18-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 11:28 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
That makes it a moo point. Its a cows opinion, its MOO
Thanks for the joke dad
Old 10-17-2020, 11:31 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
A big reason that fans are still frustrated with Luck's decision is that we don't know how severe of an injury he actually had. Luck's entitled to his privacy, but not announcing what his injury actually was when he retired left things a mystery. If he truly only had a mild calf strain and retired over a high ankle sprain, then he played the Colts to get his $12M roster bonus and deserves the criticism. If he had something much more severe like say a partially torn achilles, where the thought/hope was that it would heal over the offseason through rest and rehab but didn't and would require season ending surgery and a ~year's worth of rehab, then the timing is much more understandable.

Another frustrating thing is the irony that the OL allowed the fewest sacks in the league and Luck was hit the fewest times in his career during his final year. He finally had a good OL and a competent FO and coaching staff that would make sure he had the protection he should have had all along.....

Anyway, it's water under the bridge. Just sucks that the team is stuck in QB purgatory.

A friend of mine that has ties to the org said Luck tried to retire earlier but Irsay talked him out of it. Then when the calf/? wouldn’t heal he had enough and Irsay couldn’t talk him out of it again. Take it with a grain of salt though bc it could be just office gossip.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
JAFF (10-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
A friend of mine that has ties to the org said Luck tried to retire earlier but Irsay talked him out of it. Then when the calf/? wouldn’t heal he had enough and Irsay couldn’t talk him out of it again. Take it with a grain of salt though bc it could be just office gossip.
That makes sense to me and it was actually a theory that I had all along.
Old 10-17-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I went from very optimistic about this team in 2020 to already looking at top 10 draft choices in the coming year's draft. Marlin Mack, done for the year, that will put two turnover players in the backfield for the rest of the year. I was struggling to find a sports bar to watch the Colts, (here in NY, most require you to reserve table or bar stool and there's a 90 minute time limit). I didn't see yesterday's game, but I did listen to it on the radio. I'm thinking that Rivers is making some bad decisions as well as having a weaker arm than I had hoped. The defense was terrible. I can't believe the talent is that terrible, so I have to point to bad schemes. For those of you that watched the game, I'd like to read some opinions.
The Defense is perfectly fine. It was Eberflus not adjusting his scheme for the game. In the second half, Indy held the Browns to very little offense, and only gave them 3 points.
Rivers also has strength in that arm...I was watching him throw the ball 45 yards flat footed pregame. It's just impossible to step into a throw when the pressure is in your face, or chasing you down from the wrong direction. This game was on the coaching.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:33 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,124 Times in 638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence Owen View Post
The Defense is perfectly fine. It was Eberflus not adjusting his scheme for the game. In the second half, Indy held the Browns to very little offense, and only gave them 3 points.
Rivers also has strength in that arm...I was watching him throw the ball 45 yards flat footed pregame. It's just impossible to step into a throw when the pressure is in your face, or chasing you down from the wrong direction. This game was on the coaching.
That pick 6 was not on the coaches or the safety even though it was a stupid call a 20 year vet cannot make those mistakes if it’s Eason I understand but those plays were pathetic. I’m not questioning his arm but his decision making at this point has been rookie like, with this defense it’s as simple as DO NOT TURN IT OVER and you should win the game
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Maniac (10-17-2020), Racehorse (10-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 06:37 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post

Your health is your business and no one else. That goes for athletes. Luck came back from a lacerated internal organ, he is NOT a coward.

Using your own post, the O line did a great job, he took fewer hits, YET he still had a leg issue that was not resolved after an entire off season.

Im a fan, and why Luck hung it up is none of my business. Im glad I got to see him play.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (10-18-2020), Racehorse (10-17-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 05:26 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts
Thumbs down

Quote:
Your health is your business and no one else. That goes for athletes. Luck came back from a lacerated internal organ, he is NOT a coward.

Using your own post, the O line did a great job, he took fewer hits, YET he still had a leg issue that was not resolved after an entire off season.

Im a fan, and why Luck hung it up is none of my business. Im glad I got to see him play.
"Concern troll" response. Hmm. IndyNorm stated an opinion, which is shared by a lot of Colts fans, and then you chimed in and put words in his mouth that he never said. Norm never called Luck a coward. And yes, the highest paid, most important person on an NFL team's health status is more important and public than any of us commoners posting here. Keep on trolling. You're good at it, I'll give you that.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:08 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Thanks for the joke dad
Thats a Joey joke from friends