ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 07-06-2017, 01:07 PM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts
Default Pass over if you don't like PFF

From their article on ranking passing offenses:
Quote:
#10 - WR T.Y. Hilton not only fielded the eighth most targets last season (143), he ran the fifth most routes (615). What set Hilton’s 2016 season apart, is among receivers with 126 or more targets (there were 14 of them), Hilton led them all with his 2.35 yards per route run. QB Andrew Luck finished with the fifth-highest passer rating from a clean pocket (112.0) and WR Donte Moncrief finished as not only the 38th highest graded overall wide receiver, but also with the 38th highest receiving grade among all 115 qualified receivers.
The bolded part is the part that I am most excited about. We all know that T.Y. and Andrew are good, but Moncrief graded out as "almost" a top 32 receiver in a season that was less than successful for him.

I am really looking forward to an offense that can feature a healthy Luck throwing to T.Y., a healthy Moncrief, Doyle and then supporting guys like Aiken, Rogers and Swoope. Add some catches out of the backfield and I expect us to end up at a passing offense ranking much higher than #10 at the end of the season.

Cheers,
Old 07-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Accidental Administrator

Great article sherck...

Probably blasphemy here, but I think that Reggie Wayne's presence his last two seasons really hurt Moncrief's development.

Reggie Wayne is my favorite Colts receiver of all time and there were likely a lot of other factors, but his presence gave the GM / HC the luxury of not being forced to develop Moncrief.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:39 PM

This is Moncrief's last year on his rookie contract and he's going to want to get paid. I predict a stellar year from him. He dropped some weight.....I think about 20 pounds and I saw a quote somewhere from Ballard calling out his work ethic in mini camp. I also saw a quote from Moncrief claiming he would be "injury free". This season. Obviously some of that is outside his control but I like where his head is at......coupled with a body that's at his prime....now if only we have a good arm (not Tolzien's) throwing to him.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:49 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

sorry pff

the eyeball test doesn't match up. no need to get excited how he "graded out" by a bunch of fucktards just putting random numbers next to names to get morons excited.