View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 09:45 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,682 Times in 2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I think you don't risk a first round pick on an injured player, because of the higher trade value first round picks carry (fifth year option is very attractive to teams trying to get a QB). I also think the talent level of the other options the Colts will have at 26 among healthy players is enough to go for one of the healthy players on the board. I might feel differently about it in the position of the Raiders, Rams, or Cheaters, but that's not the position the Colts are in. Also, having watched the tape, Tillery could be as good as Simmons IMO, and won't be injured to start the season. You don't have to agree, but that's my take on it. Considering what happened with Jaylon Smith and Myles Jack in recent history, I think quite a few NFL talent evaluators agree.

Every coach he's ever had fully vouches for his character. Considering that incident happened when he was in high school, I think Ballard will be among the group who looks at it as an isolated incident rather than a character red flag.
I think Tillery is underrated, but I don’t think he is a top ten player. Maybe he will be but Simmons is the better rated player and a DT doesn’t usually have an instant impact like a RB does. I’m ok with losing half a season or even a season of the guy turns out to be a Fletcher Cox type. Getting a ten year stud is worth the trade off for me.