View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 07:25 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
After doing some key term searches, I cannot find any evidence that the Colts every talked to Campbell or Bouye. I can find a lot of sports news articles saying things like "a good fit for xxxx is the Colts" but not anything that actually says we were talking to them.

I am not saying that we were not talking to them, but I find no evidence that we were.

Anyway, I think the 2019 off-season will be different because he is/has established the team's identity this season. Regardless of our ending record (which I now think will be around 8 wins), this team's identity will be established on:

Offense: Luck, Hilton, Doyle, Ebron, AC, Nelson, Kelly, Smith, Hines and Wilkins.

Defense: Hunt (assuming he is re-signed), Sheard, Turay, Leonard, Walker, Hooker (I am not sold on any of the CBs as a long term solution).

I expect us to add at least a couple of higher priced free agents (CB and WR especially) this season to help fill in the holes. If Ballard sits on his pile of money again, I will be very surprised.

Walk Worthy,
I really believe that what has been the biggest contributor to establishing this teams identity and culture is the stark contrast between Pags and Reich.

Ballard, even after a few months could've known what he had in Reich. But, when the bullets started flying and the games are being played, then it becomes clear what Reich brings to the team.

Look at Reich at the post game pressers after a loss. He looks so pissed, like he wants to rip somebodies head off. But at the same time he's cordial, as informative as he can be and will crack a smile once in awhile.

Pags on the other hand was shitting his pants and repeating one catch phrase after another, while never taking the blame.

I'm not discounting the players here. They also contribute to a winning culture. But my experience, at least in business is...watch the leader, and most of his team will perform to the same standards as he has himself, and no more, than the expectations that he has set for them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (10-11-2018), Racehorse (10-11-2018)