Thread: Right Tackle
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 07:19 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,267 Times in 2,015 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post

For two games, Smith has looked like a real NFL tackle. For a team that is in the a rebuild mold like us, it would be sweet, indeed. If Smith can hold down the RT position, I think that we have a shot at actually having a good offensive line. And right now, Smith has a good shot at being a real NFL Tackle. Watching him gives me something to root for during games, anyway.

o

10 Regular Season Games, Plus 2 Postseason Games Later

The Colts selected Braden Smith as a guard out of Auburn in the second round of the 2018 draft. The staff had to convince general manager Chris Ballard that Smith could also play right tackle. Several injuries at the position forced the coaching staff to start Smith at right tackle in Week 5. He started there against New England and then became the permanent starter at that position. Smith helped the Colts give up an NFL-low 18 sacks this season.

"Braden is like the best-kept secret in the NFL, as far as I am concerned." --- Coach Frank Reich, during the Regular Season

"Quenton [Nelson] has gotten a lot of attention, [but] Braden has played lights-out." --- Mike Wells

Players Who Leveled Up for All 32 NFL Teams in 2018 Season

(NFL Nation)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ms-2018-season

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck