Thread: Gerald McCoy
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 12:34 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,624 Times in 2,028 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
With the premium this system places on length for DL, I doubt Saunders is a target. Plus I don't think Eberflus wants any DL over 300 pounds, and Saunders main selling point is his athleticism at 320. It's the same reason I doubt Dexter Lawrence is a target, and I think the Colts likely value Tillery higher and Wilkins lower than the general scouting community.
I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss him. Players can lose weight and he was very disruptive at the senior bowl. Ballard likes his athletes and senior bowl performers. Also I dismissed a lot of mocks that had us taking Lawrence, but we are currently down a NT and Lawrence isn’t your typical NT plodder. He has a higher RAS score than Tillery and is only a few hundredths behind Q Williams. He might be a three down player, I wonder what he would look like if he lost some weight. It is not often a guy that size, who can move so well, comes along. Tillery and Wren also have high scores, I could see those two getting picked with their length in mind.