View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 07:24 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,607 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Burns has 3 legit rush moves (speed, spin, swim). Dam, if he were more consistent, he’d be a top 5 pick with his athleticism and skill set.
I like the athleticism, and, as you've mentioned before, the variety of at least rudimentary pass rush moves he already has to work with. I just don't see the dominance on film that makes me think top 5/top 15 pick. As an example, the thing that sold me on Robert Quinn way back in 2011 was his film against Anthony Castanzo. He made Castanzo, who was rated as the top OT in an admittedly weak OT class, look silly the whole game. Snap after snap Quinn was winning that battle and eventually forcing doubles and chips to his side. Comparatively, I watched Burns against Jonah Williams, and while Williams lost a snap here and there and occasionally got a chip or a double to help, for the most part Williams just stonewalled Burns. I'm not judging by that game alone, of course, and for all we know, Jonah Williams could be the next Joe Thomas, but it shows that at least right now, Burns would struggle against an NFL caliber starting LT, which isn't what I expect from a top 15 edge rusher. He definitely has traits that can be molded and potentially turned into a great player, but he's not there yet, and he should at least be a lot closer for top 15 consideration.