Thread: Matt Ryan
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 01:44 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

That's true, he has gotten completely swarmed at times this season ....... but his turnovers are inexcusable. He's had this issue of turning a bad play into the worst case scenario. Even saw it last week vs. LV with that huge sack.

At the same time, he leads the league (despite missing two games) in 4th quarter comebacks with 5 (4 wins and a tie). If he had half the turnovers, we'd be talking about how great is and we'd probably have at least 2 more wins.

o

I think that the opposite is true ...... I think that it is a minor miracle that Ryan has led the Colts to 5 non-losses (4 wins and a tie) when he has had decent blocking from the offensive line for only 2 games overall. Inexcusable turnovers are something that we saw last year, with Carson Wentz. Wentz had one of the best offensive lines in the NFL last year, and lHEl often made bad situations worse. The same cannot be said of Ryan ...... Ryan has had the worst offensive line in the NFL blocking for him this season, and because of that, I would say that most of his turnovers were, at least somewhat, excusable.

So, I don't think that the equation is that the Colts would be 7-3 if Ryan had had less turnovers ...... I think the equation is that the Colts would be 7-3 if they had had even average blocking all season long, instead of the atrocious blocking which they have gotten for 8 out of the 10 games which they have played so far.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (11-15-2022), JAFF (11-15-2022)