View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 04:34 PM

Thanked 4,412 Times in 2,533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedge View Post
Pagano on his ''funniest'' moment as Colts coach.....from IndyStar.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ch/1628631002/

He says it happened right off the bat, his first regular season game with the Colts against the Chicago Bears on the road.

"I’m scared to death. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing and so we walk out on the field, we go through warm ups. I’m acting like I’ve been there for a long long time, like I know what’s going on," Pagano said. "I’m looking at Lovie Smith across the field and I’m watching him walk around and I try to emulate him a little bit. I start walking around like Lovie a little bit, see what else he’s doing."

Then, the game kicks off. It's midway through the first quarter when Smith throws out a red flag and challenges a play.

"So I’ve been watching Lovie, right, the whole game so.... I reach in my back right pocket. Guess what? No challenge flag," Pagano said. "And I just start sweating bullets and I’m like, 'Holy crap I hope to God nothing happens because I don’t have my challenge flag.'"

He called his equipment manager over and whispers in his ear: "Listen, this stays between me and you. This is Vegas rules all the way, OK? Go get my challenge flag. I don’t have it on me. And when you come out, you be very very discreet when you hand me that."

Pagano said he never forgot his flag again.
An unprepared coach produced an unprepared team! Who would have guessed?
Brylok (10-27-2018), Indiana V2 (10-28-2018), Oldcolt (10-27-2018), omahacolt (10-27-2018), sherck (10-28-2018), Spike (10-27-2018)