View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 11:10 AM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
In the world of possible free agents:

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report...block-51268423

I mean, I'd take him.

Yes, he comes with baggage. Yes, he'll want a pretty penny. Yes, he's getting long in the tooth. Yes, CB1 is arguably the one position that we arguably have set on this whole damn defense.

Yes, I'm aware of all that.

However, this team is in dire need of defensive playmakers. Period. And honestly, adding Talib to our secondary would probably do wonders in terms of being able to cover WR's in our secondary. Yes, I'd rather have a marquee pass rusher. Yes, I'd rather go with an ILB that can defend the run AND cover. Yes, I'd rather have an NT that's not David Parry that does his best isn't up to snuff.

But I'll take defensive playmakers WHEREVER we can get them on this D right now. This defensive roster is so woefully undertalented across the board that becoming proficient at literally any aspect of defense would be a boon for us right now.
I agree.

It appears to me that the "deepest" areas of free agency are in both secondary positions (CB and Safety), ILB and 5-Tech DE. I think there is a better change of some true NFL starters making it to the open market at those positions.

There are only two 0-Tech NT that might be available but they are pretty easy to re-sign if their home team desires and I think the OLB class will be very thin and will be hotly chased after.

If we could come out of free agency with a new starter at ILB, D-Line (0 or 5 Tech) and a secondary slot (sliding either Robinson to CB3 or else Green to Safety3), then we could use the draft to concentrate on OLB (3 picks in top five picks) and then at least use 1 of the other 2 top picks on Def Front-7 or possible RB.

Getting a Comp 4th round pick for Fleener (not confirmed but the calculations say that is what should happen) will be pretty brilliant for Ballard in his first draft class as GM.

Cheers,