View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 10:04 AM

In the world of possible free agents:

Quote:
The South Florida Sun-Sentinel's Omar Kelly considers Aqib Talib among "big-money veterans" who could find themselves on the chopping block.

Kelly cites Talib's 2017 salary as a reason to justify his potential release.

"Talib is an instinctive playmaker who is still playing at the level of an elite cornerback (43 tackles, three interceptions and 12 pass breakups last season), but Denver must decide if his play is worth $11 million next season," he wrote.
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report...block-51268423

I mean, I'd take him.

Yes, he comes with baggage. Yes, he'll want a pretty penny. Yes, he's getting long in the tooth. Yes, CB1 is arguably the one position that we arguably have set on this whole damn defense.

Yes, I'm aware of all that.

However, this team is in dire need of defensive playmakers. Period. And honestly, adding Talib to our secondary would probably do wonders in terms of being able to cover WR's in our secondary. Yes, I'd rather have a marquee pass rusher. Yes, I'd rather go with an ILB that can defend the run AND cover. Yes, I'd rather have an NT that's not David Parry that does his best isn't up to snuff.

But I'll take defensive playmakers WHEREVER we can get them on this D right now. This defensive roster is so woefully undertalented across the board that becoming proficient at literally any aspect of defense would be a boon for us right now.