View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Okay, Colts fans.

I seem to be the only guy on this board who is actually encouraged by what the Colts did in free agency. It feels like virtually everyone else over in the "Free Agency" thread has pretty much declared the Ballard era of Colts leadership dead and is already moving onto the next era some 5 or 6 years down the road.

So, tell us what you would have done different. Take the exact same deals that free agents have signed in 2017 and construct the current Colts roster however you want. Use the cap space that you believe Ballard wasted and tell us how you would have done it different.

I would also ask you to consider the individual situation with the free agents.

Dontae Poe got on offer from us and then went and signed elsewhere. I guess you can argue that YOU would have been more persuasive than Ballard but that is pretty weak sauce.

It also appears from interviews that Tim Hightower had zero intention of doing anything besides staying with the Patriots. With him, I guess if you offered him a MUCH bigger deal then perhaps he would have moved to us but I think that is also a bit of a stretch.

So, have at it, disappointed ones. What would YOU have done different.

Cheers,
I'm happy with what Ballard has done so far, encouraged for the future
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wyatt For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (04-10-2017), YDFL Commish (04-10-2017)