View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 09:14 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,616 Times in 2,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
“Trump is Hitler”. “The next holocaust”.

Lol. You’re an idiot.

Newsflash-they’ve had immigrant detention centers in this country since the 1890’s. As long as we have immigration laws, we will have immigration detention centers. It’s not a Trump phenomenon, as much as you crave it to be.

I get you guys need a boogeyman to be afraid of, but at least do a little research before spouting off.

I think Trump is a moron and unfit to be president, but he’s no freakin Hitler. Comparing him to a real monster like Hitler trivializes the millions who died under his thumb.
Not everyone calls him Hitler. I think he is pretty corrupt and a snake oil salesman, there will be tons of investigations into his appointees afterwards. But Hitler he is not. He is just a old white rich bigot. My aunt is married to one and every thanksgiving I have to listen to his bs.

But this demonizing is common. 8 years of hate and vitriol aimed at Obama pretty much made sure Trump would see it. We could perhaps go back to Clinton, or Nixon, or LBJ, for criticized presidents. Could probably go back further, I heard James Monroe was a lackadaisical dandy unfit for governorship.

The detention camps for Japanese Americans during WW2 were I think a black stain on our history.