View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 10:51 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,634 Times in 2,032 Posts

Our run game and run defense look horrible. I blame the former because too many starters out and the latter on our vanilla defense. Actually that gives vanilla a bad name, I would say it is tasteless paste defense. Preseason is kind of a joke sometimes.

That said, Turay is still a liability in the run game. He has no feel for gap discipline and is desperate to overpursue. He will open up some huge cut back lanes if he doesn't figure that out. His pass rush is progressing, keeps his feet and hands active, and spun the OT around, still don't think he is a finished product though.

Carrun Reid is a guy I like for this defense, I just don't know if he can crack it. When he gets chances he definitely shows something.

Cain is coming along. Baby steps. Still think it will be TY, Funchess, Rogers, Cambell, Cain. Don't think they keep six. I think they need four TE's because Doyle gets dinged a lot and the Hengtes kid is a lot like Doyle. This could be Doyle's last season. I hate hamstring injuries on WR's, they seem to stay with them all season.

Yet again Reich should have gone for the tie.