View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 11:11 AM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
I am not so sure about trading Brissett. We would then have another need and would likely have to use draft capital to get anyone of a tangible level. We have gone through what feels like a million backup QB's over the past 5 years, all of whom besides Hasselbeck have proven to be pretty much useless.

I know next to nothing about the QB's in this upcoming draft class at the moment. And have no idea whether or not there is a likelihood that there is a diamond in the rough that we could potentially draft in the middle rounds. I do know that i have no confidence that Philip Walker is the answer.

So gaining a middling 2nd rounder for a QB who has shown starting ability and then having to use a 3rd or 4th rounder to obtain an unproven rookie, doesn't sound all that appealing to me.
Put simply: they would be crazy to balk at a 2 for Brissett.

Brissett cost the Colts a 7th round pick. You can absolutely find developmental QB2s if you want to develop behind Luck (or any franchise QB).

You don't hang on to Brissett because he's a good QB2 at a certain offer point. He's not a good QB1, as he showed, so if you have to play him, you're sunk anyway.

EDIT: Derp, obviously he was swapped for Dorsett, not a 7th. Not sure what trade I was thinking of. Still: buy low, sell high.

Last edited by GoBigBlue88; 01-15-2019 at 01:01 PM.