Thread: The build
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 10:24 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana V2 View Post
Ballard hasn't spent big money in free agency yet, what makes you think he will this year? He likely won't, he wants to build through the draft, which is a slow process, and wasting Andrew Luck in his prime during the process.
I don't think Ballard has said he will build only thru the draft. It is his primary way and I think we all would agree that your core usually comes thru the draft. I understand how you come down on the side that Ballard will just sit on all this money but I disagree. It makes sense to me to wait until you know what you can address thru the draft before bringing in guys. As far as this being a slow way to build a team, I disagree. I don't think that bringing in 3-4 free agents last year would speed up this rebuild one bit. Can you name one team that was able to build a Super Bowl winner thru free agency. Free agents might make us an average team faster, but the object of this rebuild is Super Bowl wins. I for one am sick of one and done and making the playoff on the shoulders of one player. This is, in my mind, exactly what we should be doing right now. To be clear, I think we should and will spend some money next year.