View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 02:05 PM

My two cents on COVID (not that anyone cares but everyone seems to be throwing it in):

- Serious medical condition for some small portion of the population with one or more of the following medical issues: older, hypertensive, diabetic, have cancer or have other compromised health issues. Yeah, I have the trifecta of being older with hypertension and diabetes! Yeah me!

- Non-serious medical issue for the rest of the population. Like having the flu.

- Very conflicting medical advice being given out about the effectiveness of: masks use, social distancing, length of time it is viable outside of a body, amount of virus in a cough viral load or effectiveness of disinfecting surfaces. For every study that concludes one way, I can find one that concludes another way.

- While the virus is a concern, the fear mongering around the virus is WAY over the top. It has purpose.

- Study out of the UK this past weekend over their summer term: Apr - Jun, 110,000 school aged children, over 200 school districts. Almost zero reported cases of either student to student transmission or student to teacher transmission. The fear mongering about our kids going back to school is over the top.

- If this were 2019 or 2021, I think the fear mongering would be significantly less than what we have seen this year. I think the fear mongering is attempting to effect an election.

- I predict that the fear mongering about COVID will almost disappear on 04 November 2020. The media will start fear mongering about something else (Trump the Dictator or Biden the Savior) but I don't think it will be COVID anymore.

My two cents.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (08-12-2020)