View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 09:49 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Good stuff, Omaha. Would just add...

1. Eyeball test says Quenton Nelson had a damn ballgame today. Saw him pulling a fair deal and at the second level a fair deal. Suggests a good game. Curious to review more.

2. Ryan Kelly continues to hand points to the other team. He had a good game otherwise, but it's pretty damn inexcusable for your center to just hand teams 9 points on the year (so far).

3. I don't think it really matters whether Hines is labeled a RB or WR, but long-term he probably should get more than a handful of RB carries per game in straight run sets. He just goes down so easily (which is the tradeoff for being a small and agile as he is).

4. ...but I'm all for Hines being used in run game misdirection, reverse game, etc. Frank Reich was feeling himself on some of those playcalls. Great to see!

5. Anthony Castonzo kicked Jerry Hughes' ass all day long. Beautiful.

6. Think it's clear TY Hilton isn't 100 percent. Still made a huge impact.

7. My only nitpicks from this game, besides Kelly...

* This team still can't run a successful screen to save their lives. Reich really needs to figure out why opponents read them so easily.

* Eberflus still takes it too easy on bad QBs. He eventually mixed things up and dialed up more pressure, and it's hard to really pick at the defense a ton today. But I thought early on, he gave Anderson some easy throws on third downs in particular.

* ...of course, some of that was because Nate Hairston has been ass for two weeks now. As Omaha noted, he was noticeably absent in the second half.

Last edited by GoBigBlue88; 10-21-2018 at 10:00 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
sherck (10-22-2018), southside asshole (10-21-2018), YDFL Commish (10-21-2018)