View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 05:02 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Oh I don’t have him as a round 1 guy. I think of him as late 2 to early 4. Ouch on the Anthony Nelson comp, I’m not too high on Nelson. Allen does need work, but I think he could be a solid consistent piece, good in short yardage and goaling situations. A guy who is always annoying to the offense.

I would take all those guys you listed before Allen. Ferrel is my favorite of that group. If any of those three make it to 26 I would definetly take them. I would only pause for one of the three techs at that spot.
I personally wouldn't invest a 3 in Zach Allen, but it seems like we have similar grades on him. Most draft rankings I've seen have Allen in that Round 1 tier, and he's absolutely not that to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Fair, I was just curious.

I’d prefer Grady Jarrett personally obviously but I’d take Suh.

I know we’d probably get a Suh that wouldn’t turn it on for regular season games @Tennesse but if we can get an Uber motivated, Uber talented DT that’ll come alive during prime time and postseason, I say do it.
1) Two of DeMarcus Lawrence, Frank Clark, and Dee Ford, and 2) Grady Jarrett would be my ideal free agency signings for the Colts. Picking up those three players would allow Ballard to draft exclusively BPA in the draft, even if it meant a WR at 26.