View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 03:38 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post

Some fans never realized how bad some of those Manning o-lines were because he was getting the ball out and setting extra protection where it was needed.

o

I think that many of those fans DO realize this, they are just reluctant to admit it because of their own agenda/fandom reasons.

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post

You want to know how bad his lines were, Manning was the most hit QB after release. He was still getting hit, he just got the ball out before he did. That guy did more with less than just about anyone I have seen. He manipulated the game so much, he protected his oline and the bad defense.

That’s why I can never call Brady the goat. Always had a line, always had a D. First three SB’s were won by his kicker. Should have lost to the Seahawks, should have lost to the falcons. But that comeback against the Falcons I give major props for. However it only happens bc their D shut down the Falcons O. Brady goes down, and they go to the playoffs with Cassel. Manning goes down and the Colts are the worst team in the league.

o

When Peyton Manning missed the entire 2011 season due to injury, the Colts lost their first 13 games of the season, and went 2-14 overall.

When Tom Brady missed the entire 2008 season, the Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassel at quarterback, and only missed the postseason because of a tiebreaker. In fact, they were only the second team ever to go 11-5 and miss the postseason (the 1985 Denver Broncos being the other) since the inaugural 16-game schedule season in 1978.

Terry Bradshaw was a very good quarterback, and he excelled in the postseason (particularly in bad-weather games.) And I believe that he is rightfully a member of the Hall-of-Fame. However, his being 4-0 in the Super Bowl as a starting quarterback (including two Super Bowl MVP awards) does not necessarily mean that he was a better quarterback than was Dan Marino, whose team was blown out by the 49ers by a score of 38-16 in the only Super Bowl that he ever reached.

Yes, Brady has made it to 8 Super Bowls, winning 5 of them. That doesn't necessarily make him a better quarterback than Peyton Manning, any more than Terry Bradshaw's 2 Super Bowl MVP's and 4 Super Bowl titles necessarily make him a better quarterback than Dan Marino.

Bart Stahr won 5 world championships as a starting quarterback also, but I don't think that that necessarily means that he was a better quarterback than John Elway, Johnny Unitas, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, or Roger Staubach all were, either.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 09-24-2018 at 11:38 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Butter (09-24-2018), Racehorse (09-24-2018)