View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 11:02 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
The same caveat from the other thread applies here (I will update the original post), I'm mostly going by what I've read and trying to apply it to the Colts scheme. It makes sense that he must have good play on tape given how highly he is thought of. It just seems strange that he'd have a lower level of competition to go against and still he didn't produce the way you'd expect. Maybe that's just him being doubled every down (because what other Houston defender do you really have to worry about?).
Watching the game tape, that's exactly what it seemed like. Every team they played doubled him on every down at a minimum. Several times, the entire interior OL's assignment was to block Ed Oliver. He's not as compact as Donald, but if he's playing at 275 and throwing people around the way the tape shows, that's rare power. If a good DL coach gets a hold of him and can teach him some pass rush moves beyond his violent hand punch, he could be special. I'd like to see what Eberflus and co. could do with him.