View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 06:33 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
The author is implying Luck didn't have those traits while the poster is saying the traits were there, but latent due to scheme. I'd agree with the poster because I don't think it's a surprise that going from a scheme that emphasizes medium and deep routes to a scheme that emphasizes short and medium routes resulted in an uptick in Luck's accuracy. That's just logical.

On a slightly related note, I'm starting to see upgrades at WR as less and less of a need. Between scheme and QB, TE usage in this offense is incredibly high, and I'd argue WR2 is a 5th or 6th option unless they bring in someone really good or Cain develops really well. As of now though, I'd say the target order in this offense is Hilton, Ebron, Doyle, Alie-Cox, RB.
I saw a stat the other day that the Colts were at the very bottom of the league in YAC. They've been able to get around it by stacking positive plays together, but adding more playmakers at WR is the difference between this current version of the Colts offense and what the Chiefs and Rams are doing.

The defense absolutely takes precedence, but I really hope they add an upgrade at WR2 this offseason.