View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Also, CRT is Marxist inspired horseshit that has no business being taught in our schools, except maybe colleges.

CRT has very little to do with history. It, by its own definition, seeks to examine the societal and institutional dynamics that created what THEY view as a fundamentally and irredeemably racist society.

I don’t think this country is fundamentally and irredeemably racist and I sure as hell don’t want to teach our kids that.
CRT is a college level theory looking at how race and our institutions are intertwined. Your description sounds like it’s right off FOX News. Not surprisingly the Republican Party has their followers believing it is regularly taught in grade schools. It’s racist propaganda horseshit. Again, Atwater 100%. Not surprisingly the same group that cried we were “erasing history” by removing statues (of people who fought against our ohh so precious flag to maintain slavery) are now whitewashing history.

I’m sure you don’t want your kids taught that slavery was enshrined in the constitution or the reasons for the 3/5ths compromise, about the trail of tears, black Wall Street or the Tulsa riots. You want to pretend race isn’t a historical issue? While lecturing me on not how long ago WWII is? We wouldn’t want to make white kids uncomfortable would we? But black kids should suck it up when their community CELEBRATES a traitorous confederate soldier who fought to keep them enslaved. I’m sure race doesn’t enter into that logic, does it?

Last edited by rm1369; 04-12-2022 at 01:57 PM.