View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Holy crud! What does it take to show that a guy is getting it done in the NFL?
From my "State of the Colts" Defensive Line post:

Performance on the field matters! For a 3-4 NT, a pretty darn good judge of if the guy is being effective or not is if he is getting tackles. And if you watch Colts football at all, you can see him getting penetration and splitting double teams on a fairly regular basis.

Is he the best NT in the league? Nope, not by a long shot. Will he ever be? Probably not.

He is the problem right now on a pretty bad 3-4 defense? No he is not and to say that he is easily replaceable is a pretty dumb statement.

Goodness, half of you want to dismantle whatever small success we have had on defense to spite our face. The key to getting better is staying status quo on the few guys whom are at least NFL average or better (Parry, Davis, Geathers.....ummmm, help me out here.......) and replace the folks that are not with better folks.

Not get rid of one of the few guys who was doing his job last season.

Get rid of him because he is a dumb shit, sure. If management does that I will not bat an eye.

But, for goodness sake, give him credit for being one of the most productive 3-4 NTs last year because he was. Don't downgrade his performance on the field just because you were not paying attention or have decided that because he was a low round draft choice that he cannot be any good. Robert Mathis, Jeff Saturday and Antonine Bethea would all be laughing at you.

Sorry. Bad day at work. I needed to vent.

Cheers,
According to PFF, which I know you've cited many times, he was even worse than I insinuated:

Quote:
Last year, Parry graded as just the No. 110 interior defender among 127 qualifiers, per Pro Football Focus.
https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...parry-arrested

My eye test, which is admittedly limited, seemed to indicate that he had taken a step back. Combine that with PFF giving him some poor grades throughout the season, and I thought it was a fairly safe bet that he was at least below average.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
Puck (02-28-2017)