View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 09:47 AM

Thanked 1,666 Times in 796 Posts

This draft reveals a lot about how the coaches envision this team and the style of play.
On offense, we've got 2 new o-linemen who can play in multiple schemes, can function in zone blocking or man blocking. and we've got quick dynamic skill position players, complementing Mack and TY we add a flex back with Hines and quickness off the line with Fountain.
This is the kind of offense that's going to look to run lots of quick hitting plays, screens, things that happen fast and keep the defense on their heels, and most importantly minimizing hits on the QB.
The defense will be fast and aggressive, with an emphasis on quality depth so you can keep fresh legs in the game in the 4th quarter (re: Ballard's comment about attacking in waves).

I like it all in theory. Seems really the only concern I have is the lack of one single high impact player on the defense. Can someone like Sheard or Simon become that in this new D? Maybe, maybe not. Can Turay or Lewis be that? Probably not this year. Leonard? Not sure this kind of D gets a *huge* impact from the WILL position, so probably not. Maybe's its Malik Hooker.
We'll see. I do know we *need* a pro-bowl caliber MIKE on this team, and we still don't have that. To me that's the one thing that will put this D over the edge.

Last edited by HoosierinFL; 04-30-2018 at 11:08 AM.