View Single Post
Old 01-20-2024, 03:17 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
On a scale from 1-10, with 10 being the highest in regards to dumbness, they are a 15.

I'll pile on here,
Thursday night football
Allowing refs to decide games when they have the technology to fix this mess is available.
Putting NFL football on Amazon Prime.
Putting games on Peacock and charging for a game.
Sideline reporters. No one gives a shit about their dumb ass questions.

I'm sure there is more that I am missing.
The booth referee.

"Gene, this is Troy. Coming out of the timeout we just saw the ref run up and sucker punch a mom who was holding a baby in the first row. The baby fell and died and the mom is in the IR with a brain bleed and isn't expected to make it. What are your thoughts here?"

"Well Troy one thing we have to consider is we aren't there so we don't really know what mom said to provoke that. When I was a ref often times fans would say I blew a call- and that's not really acceptable. Brad Allen is one of the all time best to ever do this, the very best. For Brad to feel he had to kill a baby and likely the baby's mother, that mom very likely claimed Brad made a bad call vs the Lions, and ya know, I think I can understand why Brad would react like that, I really do. Most of these games, nearly all of them, the people are there to watch us make calls and huddle for 3-4 minutes and then look great on the TV when we finally address the penalty. When a fan, even a mother of a baby dares to insinuate we aren't great, well I think that has an impact on the integrity of the game and that carries consequences. So I think Brad did the right thing there, and I think we just play on."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (01-21-2024), Racehorse (01-20-2024), TheMugwump (01-20-2024)