View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 03:13 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,663 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Autry had 9 sacks and was a pro bowl alternate. That would be the Colts starter at UT next year. Hunt could also be retained as a rotational player getting snaps at UT and NT. I think that position is way more set than SS, where there's Farley coming off of IR and Geathers who is a FA and has had quite a few of his own problems with health.

Speaking of 9 sacks, that was the number that Clowney had last year, and he only has 29 for his career and has never broken 10 in a single season. That's why I don't want to break the bank for Clowney. Does it really hurt a division rival to lose an underachiever and save that money to spend on things that will improve their team? Clowney is definitely an untapped potential guy, and I'd definitely take him on an Ebron type prove it deal, but the Texans will pay him more than that. If the Colts are going to go after any Texans free agent, I'd want Tyrann Mathieu.
The Texans think their window is now and they will break the bank open to resign as much talent as they can. Clowney is a physical marvel, but he had to learn technique and skill. He is still growing I guess you could say, but he also has a talented defense around him.

The Jags also think their window is now and I don't like the idea that Foles is likely going there. They are dangerous with a good QB. Although they are still weak in the WR dept, but Foles throws a catchable ball and shouldn't be a huge problem.

I think we need a 3 down player at the 3-tech. We can move guys around But Autry is an end and only goes inside on passing downs. We need beef and talent in the middle to build around. Another end would be nice too. The OSU DT is versatile and can play inside and out, match him with Tillery and I think we would have a nice Dline group to grow with.

I don't mind Abrams at safety. I thought he looked good when I watched a few MSU games. Lit a couple people up with hits. But that seems like a luxury pick when we really need more pressure up the middle and from the ends. Unless these guys are going to suddenly go nuts like the pats defense did in the playoffs. Also there are some decent options for safety on the market. It was a bad market for safety last year, but there were some decent guys available.