View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 11:57 PM

Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Not a chance in hell. Here's why: either the Texans aren't trading Watson, in which case it's irrelevant, or Watson dictates where he goes because he has a no-trade clause, so he can veto any trade. Knowing that, the Texans only have the leverage to negotiate for value that Watson allows them. Watson could literally say to Texans ownership, "I will only take a trade to the Colts," and their options would be trade him here for what they could get from Ballard, or let him retire and get nothing. Knowing that the Texans have no negotiating position, I wouldn't offer more than a 2 for him. After all, Watson doesn't want his new team crippled for acquiring him, right? If Watson truly is at the point where he won't go back to the Texans, he won't care what they get for him, either. I say let him force them to give him away to the Colts if he wants to come to Indy.
He is not retiring, that is delusional with the amount of money he would lose. He could just show up and not give a shit and collect a lot of money. Your whole premise is ridiculous.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
JAFF (01-28-2021), Mr. Session (01-19-2021), TheMugwump (01-20-2021)